« PreviousContinue »
EPHESIANS V. 14. Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
Psalm lvii. 9. Awake up, my glory; awake, lute and harp : I myself will awake right early.
St. John xi. 25, 26. I am the Resurrection and the Life, saith the LORD: he that liveth and believeth in Me shall never die.
REVELATION i. 18. I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore.
ISAIAH xxxviii. 18. The grave cannot praise Thee, death cannot celebrate Thee.
19. The living, the living, he shall praise Thee, as I do this day.
Psalm iii. 5. I laid me down and slept, and rose up again, for the Lord sustained me.
ISAIAH xxv. 9. Lo, This is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us: This is the Lord; we have waited for Him, we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation. Hallelujah.
Psalm cxxxiv. 1. Behold now, praise the LORD, all ye servants of the LORD ;
2. Ye that by night do stand in the house of the LORD, even in the courts of the house of our God.
4. For the Lord is gracious, His mercy is everlasting : and His truth endureth from generation to generation. Glory to God on high.
To God the Father, God the Son,
1124 I CHRONICLES xxix. 10. Blessed be Thou, LORD God of Israel, our Father, for ever and ever.
II. Thine, O LORD, is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is Thine; Thine is the Kingdom, O LORD, and Thou art exalted as head over all.
(12. Both riches and honour come of Thee, and Thou reignest over all; and in Thine hand is power and might; and in Thine hand it is to make great, and to give strength unto all.
13. Now therefore, our God, we thank Thee, and praise Thy glorious Name.]
PSALM cxxxii. 8. Arise, O LORD, into Thy restingplace, Thou, and the ark of Thy strength.
9. Let Thy priests, O LORD GOD, be clothed with salvation, and let Thy saints rejoice in goodness.
PSALM xcvi. 9. O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness. Hallelujah.
xliii. 3. O send out Thy light and Thy truth, that they may lead us, and bring us unto Thy holy hill, and to Thy dwelling.
xlii. 5. In the voice of praise and thanksgiving; among all such as keep holy-day. Hallelujah.
REVELATION i. 4. Now unto Him Which is, and was, and is to come; and to the seven spirits which are before His Throne;
5. And to JESUS CHRIST, the faithful witness, the first begotten of the dead; to the King, eternal, immortal, invisible, to the only wise God be honour and glory for ever and ever. Hallelujah. Amen.
OUSELEY. 1125 BUNNETT, Kent, vv. 10-13.
1126 NUMBERS xxiv. 5. How goodly are thy tents, O Jacob, and thy tabernacles, O Israel!
6. As the valleys are they spread forth, as gardens by the river's side.
1 CORINTHIANS XV. 20. CHRIST is risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept. Hallelujah.
21. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
PSALM cvii. 15. O that men would therefore praise the LORD for His goodness, and declare the wonders that He doeth for the children of men.
16. For He hath broken the gates of brass, and smitten the bars of iron in sunder. Amen.
1128 PSALM cxxvii. 1. Except the LORD build the house, their labour is but lost that build it.
2. Except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain. cxxi.
. 2. My help cometh even from the LORD, Who hath made heaven and earth.
7. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil : He shall preserve thy soul.
8. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in, from this time forth, and even for evermore. Amen.
PSALM lxviii. 26. Give thanks, O Israel, unto God the LORD, in the congregation, from the ground of the heart.
24. It is well seen, O GOD, how Thou goest; how Thou, my God and King, goest in the Sanctuary.
25. The singers go before, the minstrels follow after; in the midst are the damsels playing with the timbrels.
34. Ascribe ye the power unto God over Israel. His worship and strength is in the clouds. Amen.
1130 MALACHI I. II. From the rising of the sun, unto the going down of the same, My Name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto My Name, (and a pure offering ;] for My Name shall be great among
the heathen: thus saith the LORD (of Hosts].
GADSBY, KEETON, OUSELEY.
1131 PSALM xlvii. 1. Great is the LORD, and highly to be praised, in the city of our God, even upon His holy hill. Amen.
8. We wait for Thy loving-kindness, O God, in the midst of Thy temple.
[9. O GOD, according to Thy Name, so is Thy praise unto the world's end. Thy right hand is full of righteousness.
10. Let the mount Sion rejoice, and let the daughter of Judah be glad, because of Thy judgments, O LORD.]
II. Walk about Sion, and go round about her, and tell the towers thereof.
12. Mark well her bulwarks, set up her houses, that ye may tell them that come after.
13. For this God is our God for ever and ever : He shall be our guide unto death. Amen.
Ouseley. 1132 CROFT, vv. 8–13. 1133 MACFARREN, vv. 8, 9, 1. Amen.
1134 PSALM cxlvi. 5. Happy is the man that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God;
Ố. Which made heaven and earth, the sea and all that therein is: Which keepeth truth for ever.
7. Which executeth judgment for the oppressed : Which giveth food to the hungry. Ixviii. 19. Praised be the LORD. Amen.
1135 Psalm 1xxvi. 1. In Jewry is God known, His Name is great in Israel.
2. At Salem is His tabernacle, and His dwelling in Sion.
3. There brake He the arrows of the bow, the shield, the sword, and the battle.
II. Promise unto the LORD your God, and keep it, all ye that are round about Him ; bring presents unto Him that ought to be feared.
12. He shall refrain the spirit of princes, and is wonderful among the kings of the earth. O praise the LORD. Hallelujah. Amen.
Ouseley. 1136 P. HAYES, WHITFELD, v. 1-3.
1137 RevelATION Xx. 4. I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus and for the word of God.
xiv. 13. I heard a voice from heaven, saying unto me, Write, *Blessed are the dead which die in the LORD; even so saith the Spirit, for they rest from their labours, and their works do follow them. Amen.
OUSELEY. 1138 Elvey, xiv. 13 (*Blessed are the dead). 1139 J. L. HOPKINS, PIERSON, xiv. 13.
1140 LAMENTATIONS i. 12. Is it nothing to you, all ye that pass by? Behold, and see if there be any sorrow like unto My sorrow, which is done unto Me, wherewith the Lord hath afflicted Me in the day of His fierce anger.
1141 2 CHRONICLES v. 13. It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the LORD;