« PreviousContinue »
731. Catechism of Political Economy, or familiar conversations on the manner in which wealth is produced, distributed and consumed, in society, by Jean Baptiste Say, translated from the French, by John Richter, 8vo. 396. Conversations on Political Economy, in which the elements of that science are familiarly explained, by the author of "Conversations on Chymistry," 18mo.
99?. Letters on the West Indies, by James Walker, 8vo.
1004. Correspondence respecting Russia, between Robert Goodloe Harper, Esq. and Robert Walsb, jr., with a speech of Mr. Harper, and an essay on the future state of Europe, 8vo.
802. Discourses concerning Government, by Algernon Sidney, 2 vols. 8vo.
1252. Summary of the Law of Nations, founded on the treaties and customs of the modern nations of Europe, by Mr. Martens, translated from the French, by William Cobbett, 8vo. Presented by John L. Gardiner.
1864. The Charms of Benevolence, and Patriotic Mentor ; or, the rights and privileges of republicanism, contrasted with the wrongs and usurpations of monarchy, 12mo. Presented by A. Suydern.
1509. Letters on the spirit of Patriotism; on the idea of a patriot king, and on the state of parties at the accession of king George I., by Lord Bolingbroke, 12mo. Presented by John Pintard. 264. Washington's Political Legacies, with a sketch of his life, character, &c. 12 mo. Presented by Saml. Wood & Sons.
1476, 1477. Addresses of the Philadelphia Society for the Promotion of National Industry, 2 copies, 12mo. One copy presented by F. Olmsted.
1. The Christian Observer, conducted by members of the established church, 9 vols. 8vo. 715. Saurin's Sermons, translated from the French, by Robert Robinson, 8 vols. 8vo. Presented by M. L. Moses.
22. The Missionary Herald, 8vo., to be continued.
35. The Christian Spectator, 8vo., conducted by an association of gentlemen.
37. The Christian Herald, 8vo., to be continued.
48. .The Missionary Magazine for 1806-07-08, 8vo. 2 vols. Presented by A. S. Glass.
16. The Missionary Register, 8vo., to be continued.
86. American Bible Society Reports, Nos. 1 to 5, 8vo. Presented by the American Bible Society.
87. The Holy Bible, in the English, French, Spanish, German, Welsh, Gaelic, Latin, and Hebrew languages. Presented by the American Bible Society.
501. Nek Nechenenawachgissitschik Bambilak naga geschiehauchsitpanna Johannessa elekhangnp. The three Epistles of the apostle John, translated into Delaware Indian, by C. F. Dencke. Presented by the American Bible Society.
116. Nene Karighyoston Tsinihorighhoten ne Saint John, the Gospel according to St. John, in the Mohawk language 24mo. Presented by the American Bible Society.
737. Sermons on Education, Reflection, and various other subjects, from the German of the Rev. George Joachim Zollikoffer, by the Rev. Wm. Tooke, FRS. 2 vols. 8vo. Presented by J. A. Storm.
1201. History of the propagation of Christianity among the Heathen, since the reformation, by the Rev. Wm. Brown, 2 vols. 8vo. Presented byS. Butler, jr.
1216. Pilgrim's Progress from this world lb that which is to come : delivered under the similitude of a dream, by John Bunyan, with the life of the author, with explanatory and practical notes by tbe Rev. Messrs. Scott, Mason, and Burder, embellished with elegant engravings, 8vo. Presented by S. C. Cleveland.
1217. Discourses on various points of christian faith and practice; most of which were delivered in the chapel of the oratoire in Paris, by Thomas H Gallaudet, 8vo. Presentedby Wm. Watkinson.
1310. John Newton's Theological works, complete, in 11 vols. 12mo. Presented by Samuel L. Michill, jr. 1457. Koran, commonly called the Alcoran of Mahomet, translated from the original Arabic, with explanatory notes, and a brief memoir of Mahomet, 12mo.
458. Faber's difficulties of Infidelity, 12mo.
443. Guide to the reading and study of the Holy Scriptures, by Augustus Herman Frank, A. M. translated from the Latin, 18mo. 1394. Thomas Scott's Theological works, 6 vols. ISmo.
791. A Plea for Sacramental Communion, on Catholic principles, by J. M. Mason, DD. 8vo. Presented by B. J. Seward.
441. The present state of the Greek Church in Russia, by Robert Pinkerton, 12mo. 996. A view of all Religions, by the Rev, Robert Adams, displaying the four grand Systems of Religion, Judaism, Paganism, Christianity, and Mahommedism, with a view of Deism and Atheism, 3 vols. 8vo.
1000. A Series of Orations for Missionaries after the Apostolical School, by the Rev. Edward Irving,
449. Christian Morals, by Hannah Moore, 18mo. Presented by E. Duyckinck.
1009. Religion of Nature, by Mr. Wollaston, 8vo. Presented by John L. Gardiner.
1705. Power of Faith : exemplified in the life and writings of the late Mrs. Isabella Graham, of NewYork, l2mo. Presented by Win. Watkinson.
1711. Reflections on the works of God, by C. C. Sturm, translated from the German, by the Rev. Dr. Balfour, 2 vols. 12mo. Presented by S. Butler, jr.
1955. Irving's Orations, 12mo. 603. The works of President Edwards, 8 vols. 8vo. 611>: A series of discourses on the Christian Revelation, viewed in connexion with the Modern Astronomy, by Thomas Chalmers, DD.
1271. Sermons on Missionary Subjects, by the Rev. Claudias Buchanan, 12mo. Presented by S. C. Cleveland.
615. No Cross, No Crown: a discourse showing the nature and discipline of the Holy Cross of Christ, by Wm. Penn, 8vo. Presented by S. Wood 4" Sons.
616. Isaiah ; a new translation, with a preliminary dissertation and notes, Critical, Philological, and Explanatory, by Robert Lowth, DD. Lord Bishop of London, 8vo.
1486. Doddrige's Sermons on Regeneration and Salvation, 12mo. Presented by B. J. Seward.
1495. The Power of Religion on the mind, at the approach of death, exemplified in persons of greatness, learning, and virtue, by Lindley Murray, 12mo. Presented by S. Wood <$. Sons.
1533. Paley's Natural Theology, or Evidences of the existence and attributes of the Deity, 12mo. Presented by Wm. Watkinson.
2113. Meditations and Contemplations, by James Hervey, 2 vols. in one, 12mo. Presented by J. C. Dinnies,jrt
877. A Portraiture of' Quakerism, taken from a view of the education and discipline, social manners, civil and political economy, religious principles, and character of the society of Friends, by Thomas Clarkson, 3 vols. 8vo. Presented by Matthew Clarkson.
VOYAGES AND TRAVELS.
No. / h'
667. Travels in China—containing descriptions, observations, and comparisons, made and collected at the imperial palace, and on a journey from Pekin to Canton, by John Barrow, 1 vol. 8vo. 1475. Recollections of the Peninsula, by the author of sketches of India, 1 vol. 12mo.
1493. Letters by T. Raffles, during a tour through parts of France, Savoy, Switzerland, Germany, and the Netherlands, during the year 1817.
1494. Moore's Journal—during a residence in Francte in 1782, with an account of remarkable events from that time to the death of Louis XVI. Presetted by J. Verplanck.
1529. Clarke's travels in various countries of Europe, Asia, and Africa, first part.
1709. Voyages from Montreal, through the continent of North America to the Frozen and Pacific Oceans, with an account of the fur trade, illustrated with snaps, 2 vols. 12mo., by Alexander Mackenzie, 2 vols. 12mo.
4091. Voyage dans la Republique de Colombia rfn 1823, Par G. Mollien, ouvrage accompagne' de hi Carte de Colombia, et orné de vues te de divers costumes (a Paris) 2 tomes 12mo. Presented bij J. C. DinnieSyjun.