« PreviousContinue »
Vol. 14. The Poetical Works of Joseph Addison. Select Poems of Samuel Garth, John Hughes, John Sheffield, Duke of Buckingham, William Congreve, Elijah Fenton, and William Pattison, with lives of the authors.
Vol. 15. Select Poems of Matthew Prior and Richard Blackniore, with lives of the authors.
Vol. 16. The Poetical Works of John Gay, with a life of the author.
Vol. 17. The Works of Thomas Tickell. Select Poems of Lord Lansdowne and Thomas Yalden, DD. Works of Matthew Green and James Hammond, and select poems of William Somerville, with lives of the authors.
Vol. 18. Select Poems of Jonathan Swift, with a life of the author.
Vol. 19. The Poetical works of Richard Savage and John Dyer, with lives of the authors.
Vol. 20. The Poetical Works of Alexander Pope, with a life of the author.
Vol. 21. The Poetical Works of Alexander Pope. Select Poems of Robert Blair, and Christopher Pitt, with lives of the authors.
Vol. 22. The Poetical Works of James Thomson, with a life of the author.
Vol. 23. Select Poems of Isaac Watts, DD. Poetical works of William Collins, and select poems of Edward Moore, with lives of the authors.
Vol. 24. The Works of William Shenstone, and select poems of James Cawthorn, with lives of the authors.
Vol. 25. The Poetical Works of Edward Young, DD., with a life of the author.
Vol. 26. Poetical Works of Edward Young. Select poems of Robert Dodsley, David Mallet, and Allan Ramsay, with lives of the authors.
Vol. 27. Select Poems of Charles Churchill, with a life of the author. Select poems of William Falconer, and James Grainger, with lives of the authors. Vol. 28. Select Poems of Mark Akenside, John Gilbert Cooper, and William Thomson, with lives of the authors. Vol. 29. Select Poems of Thomas Gray, Thomas Chatterton, and Walter Harte, with lives of the authors. Vol. 30. Select Poems of Oliver Goldsmith, John Langhorne, and Christopher Smart, with lives of the authors. Vol. 31. Select Poems of Dr. Samuel Johnson, Cuthbert Shaw, George, Lord Lyttleton, and Samuel Boyce, with lives of the authors. Vol. 32. Select Poems of James Beattie, LL.D. John Scott, John Cunningham, and Joame Jenyns, with lives of the authors." Vol. 33. Select Poems of Richard Glover and Tobias Smollett, MD., with lives of the authors. Vol. 34. Select Poems of William Julius Mickle, Dr. Joseph Warton, and Thomas Warton, with lives of the authors. Vol. 35. Select Poems of Sir William JonesThomas Blacklock, DD., and Dr. Cotton with lives of the authors. Vol. 36. Select Poems of William Cowper. Vol. 37. Select Poems of William Cowper, Esq.—of Robert Lloyd—of Robert Ferguson —of Richardson—of Sir William Blackstone —of Richard Jago—of William Whitehead— of John Logan—of Robert Craggs—of Samuel Bishop—of John Pampfylde—of Thomas Russell—of Robert Lovell—of Edward Lovibond—of Michael Bruce—of William Hayward Roberts—of Beily Portens—of Richard Glynn, and anonymous, with lives of the authors.
Vol. 38. The Poetical Works of Robert
of Hector MacNeill, with lives of the
of the author.
Gifford, with lives of the authors.
India, an epic poem, translated from Ca
moens, by William Julius Mickle, with a life
of the author. Vols. 48, 49. Hunt's Tasso, with a life of the
author. Vol. 50. Selections from the Tragedies of JEs
chylus, Sophocles, and Euripides, with lives
of the authors.
965. Sir Robert Wilson's Sketch of the military and political power of Russia, A. D. J817, 8vo. Presented by Wm. B. Gilley.
938. An Inquiry into the nature and causes of wealth of nations, by Adam Smith, LL. D. with notes and supplementary chapters, by Win. Playfair, and an account of Dr. Smith's life, by Dugald Stewart, 2 vols. 8vo. 153. An Examination of the new Tariff proposed by the Hon Henry Baldwin, a representative in Congress, by One of the People. Presented by the author.
1196. Letters addressed to Caleb Strong, Esq. late governor of the state of Massachusetts, showing, that retaliation, capital punishments and war, are prohibited by the gospel; justified by no good principle, and not necessary to the safety of individuals, or nations, 8vo. Presented by Saml. Wood &r Sons.
1203. The Political Writings of Thomas Paine, 2 vols. 8vo.
1218, 1219. Des Douanes etdes Prohibitions—comprising two chapters of a large and valuable work, published in Paris, by the celebrated "Chaptal," formerly minister of the interior. &c. under the title "De l'industrie Frangois," 8vo. 2 copies.
1222. The present state of England in regard to agriculture, trade, and finance, with a comparison of the prospects of England and France, by Joseph Lowe, 8vo.
1230. Essay on the History of Civil Society, by Adam Ferguson, 8vo.
2022. State Papers. Miscellaneous, from 1501 to 1726, 2 vols. 4to. 266. Letters of Junius, 18mo. Presented by .9. Robbins.
1780. Do. do. do. 18mo. Presented by J. Knapp.
1837. Do. do. do. 2 vols. 18mo. Presented by B. J. Seward.
2167. Outlines of Political Economy, being a republication of the article upon that subject contained in the Edinburgh supplement to the Encyclopse» dia Britannica, together with notes explanatory and critical, and a summary of the science, by the Rev. John M'Vickar, 8vo.% 1198. The Works of Alexander Hamilton, comprising most of his official reports, an improved edition of the Federalist, with portraits of the authors ; and Pacificus on the proclamation of neutrality, 3 vols. 8vo. Presented by J. Oothout.
177. . A Solemn Review of the Custom of War, showing, that war is the effect of popular delusion, and proposing a remedy. Presented by Saml. Wood <$, Sons.
538. The New Olive Branch, or an attempt to establish an identity of interest between agriculture, manufactures, and commerce, 8vo.
711. Do. do. do. Presented by J. Green
734. Paper against Gold, and Glory against Prosperity, or an account of the rise, progress, extent, and present state of the funds, and of the paper money of Great Britain, &c. by Wm. Cob. bett, 2 vols. 8vo, Presented by Thos. Richards.
946. The Resources of the British Empire, together with a view of the probable result of the present contest between Britain and France, 8vo. by John Bristed.
133. Essays on the Spirit of Legislation in the encouragement of agriculture, population, manufactures, and commerce, 8vo. Presented by Saml. Wood fy Sons.
156. Malthus on Population, 2 vols. 8vo.
190. Ricardo's Principles of Political Economy and Taxation, 8vo.
697. Essays on Political Economy, applied particularly to the United States of America, by M. Carey, 8vo. Presented by E. Bliss b E. White.
1040. The Principles of Natural and Politic Law, by J. J. Burlamaqui, 2 vols. 8vo. Presented by Jonathan Goodhue.