« PreviousContinue »
308. The Loves of the Angels, a poem, by ThosMoore, 18mo.
323. Gertrude of Wyoming, a Pennsylvania tale, and other poems, by Thos. Campbell, 18mo-.
324. Poems on several Subjects, by Moses Guest. 18mo. Presented by Anthony Lane.
1861. Ovid's Epistles translated into English verse, by various authors, to which is prefixed, the life of Ovid, 24mo.
327. Belshazzar, a dramatic poem, by the Rev. H. H. Milman, Professor of Poetry in the University of Oxford, 18mo.
333. Quotations from the British Poets, being a pocket dictionary of their most admired passages, 24mo.
336. The Forest Minstrel; a selection of songs, adapted to the most favourite Scottish airs, by James Hogg, the Ettrick Shepherd, and others, 18mo. Presented by John Thompson.
339. The Wreath, a selection of elegant poems from the best authors, 18mo. Presented by J. C. Dinnies, jr. "* 1862. The Curse of Kehama, a poem, by Robert
Southey, 2 vols. 24mo.
341. Poems from the Portuguese of Louis De Camoens, with remarks on his life and writings, notes, &c. by Lord Viscount Strangford, 18mo Presented by Cornelius Savage.
342. Charlemagne, or the Church Delivered, an epic poem, by Lucien Buonaparte, of the Institute of France, translated by the Rev. S. Butler, DD., and the Rev. Francis Hodgson, AM., 2 vols. 24mo. Presented by P. M. Judson.
1865. Ballad Romances, and other poems, by Miss
Anna Maria Porter, 24mo. 349. Young's Night Thoughts, 24mo; Presented
by E. Bliss 8? E. White. 1914. Young's Night Thoughts, 24mo. Presented
by W. P. Wainwright.
350. The Search after Happiness, with other poems, by Walter Scott, 24mo. Presented by W. B. Gilley.
355, 401. The Field of Waterloo, a poem by Walter Scott, 2 copies, 24mo. One copy presented by Wm. Cooper.
356. Mengeve, a tale of the frontier, a poem, 24mo.
358. Poems by John Gay, 24mo. Presented by Mier Taylor.
359. The Pleasures of Friendship, a poem, to which are added, a few other poems, &c. by James M'Henry, 18mo.
364. Percy's Masque, a drama in 5 acts, by James
A. Hillhouse, 18mo. Presented by the Author. 1011. Ontwa, the Son of the Forest, a poem, 12mo. 732. The Works, in prose and verse, of the late Robert Treat Paine, jr. Esq., with notes ; to which are prefixed, sketches of his life, character, and writings, 8vo. 1887. British Poets, in 8 vols. 18mo :— Young. 3. Cowper. Thomson. Campbell. Akenside.
Rogers and Merry. Vol. 8. Goldsmith. 276. The Pleasures of Imagination, by Mark Aken, side, MD.; to which is prefixed, a critical essay on the poem, by Mrs. Barbauld, 18mo. 352. The Poetical Works of John Milton, to which is prefixed, a life of the author, 3 vols. 18mo. Presented by S. S. Steele. 3 836. Do. do. do. 1 vol. 24mo. 1835. Paradise Lost, by John Milton, 24mo. Presented by W. P. Wainwright. 463. Poems by William Cowper, 2 vols. 18mo.
468. The Italian Husband, a dramatic poem. The Young Dreamer, and fugitive offerings, in verse, 18mo. Presented by J. C. Dinnies,jr.
469. The Parnassian Garland, or beauties of modern poetry, by John Evans, AM., 18mo. Presented by E. Duyckinck.
474. The Loves of the Angels, a poem, by Thos.
Moore, 24mo. Presented by W. *, R. 4r A- G.
Barton'. 500. Poetical Works of Thomas Campbell, with a
sketch of the author, 24mo.
1898. Dr. John Shaw's poems, with a sketch of his life, 12 mo.
1899. Barlow's Columbiad, a poem, 2 vols. 12mo. 263. Poems, by John Edmund Harwood, 12mo.
Presented by S. C. Cleveland. 1528. Beauties of Poetry, consisting of elegant selections from the works of celebrated British authors, 12mo. Presented by S. S. Steele.
256. Byron's Poems, in 4 vols. 18mo. Presented by J. C. Dinnies,jr.
261. The Pleasures of Hope, and other poems, by Thomas Campbell, and the Pleasures of Memory, by Samuel Rogers, 18mo. Presented by S. S. Steele.
275. Theodoric, a domestic tale, and other poems, by Thomas Campbell, 18mo. Presented by J. B. Hall.
306. Do. do. Presented by J. C. Dinnies,jr.
277. The Fall of Jerusalem, a dramatic poem, by the Rev. H. H. Milman, 18mo.
288. The Poems of Oliver Goldsmith, embellished with engravings from the design of Richard Westall, RA., 18mo.
1915. The Seasons, by James Thomson, with his life, 18mo. Presented by P. H. Judson.
278. The Lady of the Lake, a poem, by Walter Scott, 18mo.
1694. The Martyrsljjtor, the triumph of the christian religion. An Epic Poem, translated from the original French of F. A. De Chateaubriand, 3 vols. 12mo. 2106. Odin, a poem, in 8 books, 2 parts, by Sir W. Drummond, London edition, 4to. Presented by Allen Robbins.
471. Hoole's translation of Tasso's Jerusalem Delivered, 24mo
280. Melodies, Songs, &c. by Thos. Moore, 18mo. Presented by J. Knapp.
284. Italy, a poem, by Samuel Rogers, 18mo.
286. Fables for the Holy Alliance. Rhymes on the Road, &c. by Thomas Brown, the younger, 18mo.
1925. Ballads and Lyrical Pieces, by Walter Scolt, 24mo. Presented by A. C. Lee.
1924. The Lay of the last Minstrel, by Walter Scott, 24mo. Presented by A. C. Lee. 290. Do. do. do. 18mo.
1926. Marmion, a tale of Flodden Field, by Walter Scott, 24mo. Presented by A. C. Lee.
1787. The Iliad of Homer, translated by A. Pope, 2 vols. 24mo. Presented by W. P. Wainwright.
1916. Do. do. 1 vol. 24mo.
1868. Poems by Wm. Maxwell, Esq., 24mo. Presented by Burr Wakeman.
1906. The Works of Peter Pindar, Esq. 4 vols. 24mo.
1789. Hudibras, by Samuel Butler, 24mo.
1790. The Farmer's Boy, a rural poem, by Robert Bloomfield, 24mo. Presented by F. Olmsted.
1791. The World before the Flood, a poem; with other occasional pieces, by James Montgomery, xMmo.
2117. First American Edition of the British Poets, with lives of the authors, by Ezekiel Sandford and others, edited by Robert Walsh, jr., 60 vots. 18mo. .
Vol. 1. Select Poems of Geoffrey Chaucer.
Vol. 2. Select Poems of Edmund Spenser,
Vol. 3. Select Poems of William Shakspeare and Ben Johnson, with lives of the authors.
Vol. 4. Select poems of Sir John Davies, John Donne, Joseph Hall, the Earl of Sterling, Richard Corbet, and Thomas Carew, with lives of the authors.
Vol. 5. Select Poems of William Drummond, ^— Sir John Beaumont, Giles and Phineas Fletcher, Sir Walter Raleigh, Sir William Davenant, William Habinpton, Sir John'Suckling, Richard Crashaw, Charles Cotlon, William Cartwright, Alexander Brome, Sir Edward Sherburne, Robert Herrick, George Wither, and William Browne, with lives of the authors.
Vol. 6. Select Poems of Abraham Cowley,
- ham, with lives of the authors.
Vols. 7, 8. Poetical Works of John Milton,
Vols. 9, 10. The Poetical Works of Samuel
Vols. 11, 12. The Poetical Works of John
Vol. 13. The Poetical Works of Thomas Par-