« PreviousContinue »
trait and fac simile of the signature of each. by John Sanderson, 5 vols. octavo, (to be continued.)
982. Lempriere's Universal Biography, containing an account, critical and historical, of the lives and characters of eminent persons in all ages and countries, 2 vols. 8vo. 54. Memoirs of the life of David Rittenhouse, late president of the American Philosophical Society, interspersed with various notices of many distinguished men, by Wm. Barton, M. A. 8vo.
709. The Life of Cardinal Wolsey, by George Cavendish, his gentleman usher, and Metrical Visions, from the original Autograph Manuscript, with notes, and other illustrations, by Samuel Weller Singer. Lond. 2 vols. 8vo.
703. Memoirs of the Court of Queen Elizabeth, by Lucy Aikin, Rvo.
704. Memoirs of the private life of Marie Antoinette, Queen of France, with recollections, sketches, and anecdotes illustrative of the reigns of Lewis 14th, 15th, and 16tb, by Madame Campan, 8vo.
960. Recollections of the life of Lord Byron, from the year 1808 to the end of 1814, by R. C. Dallas, 8vo.
969. Recollections of Curran and some of his contemporaries, by Charles Phillips, 8vo.
688. The life of Mary, Queen of Scots, drawn from the state papers, with six subsidiary memoirs by George Chalmers, F. R. S. 2 vols. 8vo.
C87. Biographical Sketches of eminent lawyers, statesmen, and men of letters, by Samuel!. L. Knapp, 8vo. %
694. Memoirs of the life of Josiah Quincy, jr. of Mass. by his son Josiah Quincy, 8vo.
692. . Life of the Marquis de La Fayette, by Robert Wain, jr. 8vo.
973. Life of Charles Brockden Brown, with selections from the rarest of his works, from his ori
ginal letters, and from his manuscripts before unpublished, by Wm. Dunlap, 2 vols. 8vo. Presented by Mrs. R. Keese.
976. Memoirs of Goethe, written by himself, (containing " the Poetry as well as the Prose of his life,") 8vo.
S78. Memoirs of the Countess de Genlis, written by herself, 8vo.
981. Life of the Rev. Samuel I. Mills, by the Rev. Gardiner Spring, 8vo. Presented by F. Olmsstead. 1050. Public Characters, or Cotemporary Biography.
(1803) 8vo. Presented by Wm. Walkinson. 1061. Biographical Dictionary, and American Remembrancer, by James Hardie, 4 vols. 8vo. Presented by Henry White. 1115. Do. do. do. 4 vols. 8vo. Presented by Stephen S. Steele.
1078. The Life of Wesley, and the rise and progress of Methodism, by Robert Southey, 2 vols. in 1. 8vo.
1079. Life of Wellington, by Frauds L. Clarke, and William Dunlap, 8vo. Presented by J. Green Pearson.
1256. The Life of Robert Fulton, by his friend Cad
wallader D. Colden, 8vo. 1083. Memoirs of the Marchioness de la Roche Ja
quelein, with a map of the theatre of war in La
Vendee, 8vo. Presented by I. Oothout. 1086. Female Biography, by Mary.Hays, 3 vols. 8vo.
Presented by Allen Robbins.
1089. Abelard and Heloisa, comprising a history of their lives from 1079 to 1163, with their genuine letters from the collection of Amboise, and an elegant frontispiece, by the Rev. Jos. Berrington, 8vo.
1090. Hunter's Sacred Biography, 4 vols, 8vo. 1098. Johnson's Lives of the English Poets, with
critical observations on their works, 2 vols. 8vo. Presented by I. A. Storm.
914. Life and character of Patrick Henry, by Wm. Wirt, of Richmond, Vir. 8vo. Presented by Henry White.
934. Journal of the Private Life and Conversations of the Emperor Napoleon at St. Helena, by Count de las Casas, 8vo.
935. Memoirs and Campaigns of Bernadotte, crown prince of Sweden, by John Philipart, 8vo.
1189. Memoirs of the life of the right honourable Wm. Pitt, by George Tonline, 2 vols. 8vo.
1226. Memoirs of Richard Lovtll Edgeworth, began by himself, and concluded by his daughter, Maria Edgeworth, 2 vols. in 1, 8vo.
2082. Mavor's abridgment of the Lives of Plutarch, 12mo. Presented by Wm. Watkinson.
1322. Plutarch's Lives, translated from the original Greek, with notes critical and historical, and a Life ot Plutarch, by John Langhorne and Wm. Langhorne, 8 vols. Umo.
1326. Do. do. 8 vols. 12mo.
1346. The Female Revolutionary Plutarch, containing biographical, historical, and revolutionary sketches, characters, and anecdotes, 3 vols. 12mo. Presented by Thomas Richards.
1411. Journal of the Conversations of Lord Byron, noted during a residence with his lordship at Pisa, in the years 1821 and 1822, 12mo.
1412. Do. do. Presented by S. C. Cleveland. 1414. Do. do. do. J. C. Dinnies,jr. 1440. The Biography of the British Stage, being
correct narratives of the lives of all the principal actors and actresses in London, 12mo. 1145. Biographical Sketches of the literary life and opinions of S. T. Coleridge, written by himself. 12mo.
282. A short account of the life and writings of Robert Barclay- Presented by Oliver Hull, 18mo.
736. Memoir of the life and character of the right honourable Edmund Burke, by James Prior, 730. Life of the Chevalier Paul Jones, or John Paul Jones, a captain in the navy of the United States, during the Revolutionary War. 1481. British Nepos, or Youth's Mirror, being select lives of illustrious Britons, by W. Mavor, 12mo. Presented by W. Watkinson.
994. Life of Andrew Jackson, Maj. General in the service of the United States, comprising a history of the war in the South, from the commencement of the Creek campaign, to the termination of hostilities before New-Orleans, by John Henry Eaton, Senator of the United States, 8vo.
995. Memoirs of Joseph Fouche, Duke of Otranto, Minister of the general police of France, translated from the French, 8vo.
999. Memoirs of the life and writings of John Calvin, with a selection of letters written by him and other distinguished Reformers, by the Rev. Elijah Waterman, 8vo.
1006. Memoirs of the life of Ann Boleyn, Queen of Henrv the Eighth, by Miss Benger, 8vo.
1007. Memoirs of the life of John Philip Kemble, Esq. including a history of the Stage, by James Boaden, 2 vols. 8vo.
794. Memoirs of the life and ministry of the late Rev. Thomas Spencer, of Liverpool, with an Appendix, by Thomas Raffler.
1438. Lives of Hayden and Mozart,' with observations on Metastasio, and on the present state of music in France and Italy, translated from the French of L. A. C. Bombet, with notes by the author of Sacred Melodies, 12mo. Presented by Collins Sf Co.
1029. The Life of Petrarch, collected from Memoires pour la vie de Petrarch, by Mrs. Dobson, 8vo.
1031. Memoirs of Napoleon, by B. E. O'Meara,
8vo. 798. Memoirs of the Cardinal de Retz, with the particulars of his own life, and most secret trtnss
actions of the French Court, and the civil warstranslated from the French, 3 vols. 8to. 804. Biographical Dictionary, containing a brief account of the first settlers, and other eminent characters among the magistrates, ministers, &c. in New England, by John Eliot, DD. 8vo.— Presented by John E. Hyde. 338. Memoirs of the Life of Wm. Cowper, Esq. written by himself, with an Appendix, containing some of Cowper's religious letters, &c. &c. 1226. Memoirs of Richard Lovel Edgworth, began by himself, and concluded by his daughter, Marin Edgworth, 2 volumes in one, 8vo.
197. Jackson on the Commerce of the Mediterranean.
198. Hamilton's Introduction to Merchandise, Edinburgh edition, 8vo. Presented by M. Scoonmakcr.
158. A Statistical View of the Commerce of the U. States of America, its connexion with agriculture and manufactures, and an account of the public debt, revenues, and expenditures of the United States, by Timothy Pitkin. 8vo.
714. European Commerce, or complete Mercantile Guide to the continent of Europe, by C. W. Rb'rdansz, 8vo. Presented by Wm. Partridge.
1104. Dictionary of Merchandise and Nomenclature in all languages, for the use of counting houses,