« PreviousContinue »
The day is now far gone:
By coming to Thy throne.
That happy land as yet,
Whose sun can never set.
Our day is almost o'er ;
1932 i St. Peterii. 8. Beye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous :
9. Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing : but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
10. For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile :
11. Let him eschew evil, and do good ; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
12. For the eyes of the LORD are over the righteous, and His ears are open unto their prayers : but the face of the LORD is against them that do evil. Amen.
1933 Psalm iv. 9. I will lay me down in peace, and take my rest : for it is Thou, LORD, only that makest me dwell in safety.
cxxi. 2. My help cometh even from the LORD: Who hath made heaven and earth.
3. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved : and He that keepeth thee will not sleep.
7. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil : yea, it is even He that shall keep thy soul.
A. C. EDWARDS.
1934 Psalm xliii. 4. I will go unto the altar of God, even the God of my joy and gladness.
cxvi. 15. I will offer unto Thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and call upon the Name of the LORD.
COLOSSIANS iii. 1. If ye then be risen with CHRIST, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of GOD.
2. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
1 CORINTHIANS xv. 55. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, thy victory?
57. Thanks be to God, Which giveth us the victory through our LORD Jesus Christ. Amen.
1935 PSALM lxviii. 3. Let the righteous be glad ; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice.
cxlviii. 13. Let them praise the Name of the LORD: for His Name alone is excellent; His glory is above the earth and heaven.
DEUTERONOMY xxxiii. 12. The beloved of the LORD shall dwell in safety by Him; and the LORD shall cover him all the day long.
PSALM lv. 22. He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
Ixviii. 3. Then let the righteous be glad ; let them rejoice before God: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice.
cxlviii. 13. Let them praise the Name of the LORD: for His Name alone is excellent; His glory is above the earth and heaven. Hallelujah!
R. F. LLOYD.
1936 Isaiah lii. 9. Break forth into joy ; sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem, for the LORD hath comforted His people, and hath redeemed Jerusalem.
St. Luke ii. II. Unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, Which is Christ the LORD.
O come, all ye faithful,
Joyful and triumphant :
Come and behold Him
Born, the King of angels ;
1937 Psalm lxxi. 1. In Thee, O LORD, have I put my trust, let me never be put to confusion : but rid me, and deliver me in Thy righteousness. Incline thine ear unto me : make haste to deliver me.
xxxi. 6. Into Thy hands I commend my spirit : for Thou hast redeemed me, Thou God of truth. Amen.
1938 Psalm xxiv. 7. Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors : and the King of glory shall come in.
8. Who is this King of glory? It is the LORD strong and mighty, even the LORD mighty in battle. Amen.
1939 Psalm cxviii. 14. The Lord is my strength and my song: and is become my salvation.
17. I shall not die but live: and declare the works of GOD.
O LORD of all, with us abide
1940 EPHESIANS V. 1. Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children ;
2. And walk in love, as CHRIST also hath loved us, and hath given Himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God.
A. S. Baker.
1941 St. MATTHEW v. 4. Blessed are they that mourn : for they shall be comforted.
Revelation vii. 16, 17. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more : for God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
Batson. 1942 PSALM cxxvi. 6. They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
7. He that now goeth on his way weeping, and beareth forth good seed : shall doubtless come again with joy, and bring his sheaves with him.
1943 PSALM cxly. 10. All Thy works shall praise Thee, O LORD: and Thy saints give thanks unto Thee.
11. They shew the glory of Thy Kingdom, and talk of Thy power;
12. That Thy power, Thy glory, and mightiness of Thy kingdom may be known unto
men. 10. All Thy works shall praise Thee, O LORD: Thy saints give thanks unto Thee.
civ. 24. O LORD, how manifold are Thy works : in wisdom hast Thou made them all; the earth is full of Thy riches.
13. He watereth the hills from above: the earth is filled with the fruit of Thy works.
14. He bringeth forth the grass for the cattle, and green herb for the service of man.
24. O LORD, how manifold are Thy works: in wisdom hast Thou made them all, the earth is full of Thy riches.
cxlv. 10. All Thy works shall praise Thee, O LORD: Thy saints give thanks unto Thee.
11. They shew the glory of Thy kingdom, and talk of Thy power.
To Thee, O LORD, our hearts we raise
In hymns of adoration,
With shouts of exultation;
The hills with joy are ringing,
ELY. 11944 Psalm xciii. 1. The Lord is King, and hath put on His glorious apparel : the LORD hath put on His glorious apparel, and girded Himself with strength.
2. He hath made the round world so sure, that it cannot be moved.
xcii. 5. O LORD, how glorious are Thy works: Thy thoughts are very deep: Thou art from everlasting.
6. An unwise man doth not well consider this: and a fool doth not understand it.
xciii. 4. The floods are risen, O LORD, the floods have lift up their voice. 5. The waves of the sea are mighty, and rage horribly.
5. The sea is His, and He made it: and His hands prepared the dry land.
6, 3. O come, let us worship, and fall down; for the Lord is a great God: and a great King above all gods.
6. O come, let us worship, and kneel before the LORD our Maker.
xciii. 4. The floods are risen, O LORD: the floods lift up their waves.
5. The waves of the sea are mighty, and rage horribly: but yet the LORD, Who dwelleth on high, is mightier. Amen.
H. J. King.
1945 Psalm ciii. 1. Bless the LORD, O my soul : and all that is within me, bless His holy Name.
2. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits.
8. The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
9. He will not always chide, nor keep His anger for ever.