« PreviousContinue »
O come, all ye faithful,
O come ye, O come ye to Bethlehem;
Born, the King of angels;
O come, let us adore Him, CHRIST the LORD.
PSALM lxxi. I. In Thee, O LORD, have I put my trust, let me never be put to confusion: but rid me, and deliver me in Thy righteousness. Incline thine ear unto me make haste to deliver me.
xxxi. 6. Into Thy hands I commend my spirit: for Thou hast redeemed me, Thou GOD of truth. Amen.
PSALM XXIV. 7. Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors and the King of glory shall come in.
8. Who is this King of glory? It is the LORD strong and mighty, even the LORD mighty in battle. Amen.
PSALM CXviii. 14. The LORD is my strength and my song and is become my salvation.
17. I shall not die but live: and declare the works of
O LORD of all, with us abide
All praise be Thine, O risen LORD,
EPHESIANS V. 1. Be ye therefore followers of GOD, as dear children;
2. And walk in love, as CHRIST also hath loved us, and hath given Himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to GOD. A. S. BAKER.
ST. MATTHEW v. 4. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
REVELATION Vii. 16, 17. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more: for GOD shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. BATSON.
PSALM CXXVI. 6. They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. 7. He that now goeth on his way weeping, and beareth forth good seed: shall doubtless come again with joy, and bring his sheaves with him.
PSALM CXlV. 10. All Thy works shall praise Thee, O LORD and Thy saints give thanks unto Thee.
11. They shew the glory of Thy Kingdom, and talk of Thy power;
12. That Thy power, Thy glory, and mightiness of Thy kingdom may be known unto men.
10. All Thy works shall praise Thee, O LORD: Thy saints give thanks unto Thee.
civ. 24. O LORD, how manifold are Thy works in wisdom hast Thou made them all; the earth is full of Thy riches.
13. He watereth the hills from above: the earth is filled with the fruit of Thy works.
14. He bringeth forth the grass for the cattle, and green herb for the service of man.
24. O LORD, how manifold are Thy works: in wisdom hast Thou made them all, the earth is full of Thy riches.
cxlv. 10. All Thy works shall praise Thee, O LORD: Thy saints give thanks unto Thee.
II. They shew the glory of Thy kingdom, and talk of Thy power.
To Thee, O LORD, our hearts we raise
Bright robes of gold the fields adorn,
PSALM Xciii. I. The LORD is King, and hath put on His glorious apparel: the LORD hath put on His glorious apparel, and girded Himself with strength.
2. He hath made the round world so sure, that it cannot be moved.
xcii. 5. O LORD, how glorious are Thy works: Thy thoughts are very deep: Thou art from everlasting.
6. An unwise man doth not well consider this: and a fool doth not understand it.
xciii. 4. The floods are risen, O LORD, the floods have lift up their voice.
5. The waves of the sea are mighty, and rage horribly. XCV. 5. The sea is His, and He made it: and His hands prepared the dry land.
6, 3. O come, let us worship, and fall down; for the LORD is a great GOD: and a great King above all gods. 6. O come, let us worship, and kneel before the LORD our Maker.
xciii. 4. The floods are risen, O LORD: the floods lift up their waves.
5. The waves of the sea are mighty, and rage horribly: but yet the LORD, Who dwelleth on high, is mightier. Amen. H. J. KING.
PSALM ciii. Bless the LORD, O my soul and all that is within me, bless His holy Name.
2. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits. 8. The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
9. He will not always chide, nor keep His anger for ever.
20. Bless the LORD, ye His angels, that excel in strength, that do His commandments, hearkening unto the voice of His word.
21. Bless the LORD, all ye His hosts; ye ministers of His, that do His pleasure.
22. Bless the LORD, all His works in all places of His dominion: bless the LORD.
19. The LORD hath prepared His throne in the heavens; and His kingdom ruleth over all.
22. Bless the LORD, all His works in all places of His dominion: bless the LORD, O my soul.
PSALM Xviii. I. I will love Thee, O LORD, my strength. 2. The LORD is my rock, my fortress, my deliverer; my GOD, my strength, in Whom I will trust; the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
3. I will call upon the LORD, Who is worthy to be praised. Ivii. 7. My heart is prepared, O GOD: I will sing and give praise.
8. Awake up, my glory; awake, lute and harp.
10. For the greatness of Thy mercy reacheth unto the heavens, and Thy truth unto the clouds.
7, 9. My heart is prepared, O GOD: I will sing and give praise unto Thee among the nations.
II. Be Thou exalted, O GOD, above the heavens and let Thy glory be above all the earth.
xviii. 49. Therefore will I give thanks unto Thee, O LORD, among the gentiles, and sing praises unto Thy Name. Amen. KINGSTON.
O Saving Victim, opening wide
PSALM ciii. 1. Praise the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me praise His holy Name.
8. The LORD is full of compassion and mercy: longsuffering, and of great goodness.
13. Yea, like as a father pitieth his own children: even so is the LORD merciful unto them that fear Him.
1. Praise the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me praise His holy Name. Amen.
PSALM CXXxvii. 1. (Bible Version.) By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat down, yea, we wept, when we remembered Zion.
2. We hanged our harps upon the willows in the midst thereof.
3. For there they that carried us away captive required of us a song; and they that wasted us required of us mirth, saying, Sing us one of the songs of Zion.
4. How shall we sing the LORD's song in a strange land? 5. If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.
6. If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.
ISAIAH liv. 10. For the mountains shall depart, and the hills be removed; but My kindness shall not depart from thee; neither shall the covenant of My peace be removed, saith the LORD that hath mercy on thee.
PSALM 1XXX. 1. (Bible Version.) Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, that leadest Joseph like a flock; shine forth, that dwellest between the cherubims, shine forth, O Shepherd of Israel.
3. Turn us again, O GOD, and cause Thy face to shine; and we shall be saved.