« PreviousContinue »
The seasons roll at Thy command,
Proclaim the wonders of Thy hand.
Spring yields the green and blossom'd thorn,
And Autumn stores the fruits and corn.
nited praises sing to Thee;
If fervent our devotions be.
Isaiah ix. 3. They joy before Thee, according to the joy in harvest, and as men rejoice when they divide the spoil.
God of harvest, God of power,
God of justice, mercy, grace,
Thou shedd'st Thy blessing on our race.
To the spade and sickle yield,
Golden produce crown the field.
Make the hills and valleys ring;
Should praise God for everything.
PSALM cl. the LORD.
6. Let everything that hath breath praise
PSALM lxii. 1. My soul truly waiteth still upon GOD: for of Him cometh my salvation
6. He truly is my strength and my salvation: He is my defence so that I shall not fall.
8. O put your trust in Him alway, ye people: pour out your hearts before Him, for GOD is our hope.
PSALM CXXXvi. 1. O give thanks unto the LORD, for He is gracious and His mercy endureth for ever.
8. He hath been always mindful of His covenant and promise, that He made to a thousand generations. cvii. 9. For He satisfieth the empty soul, and filled the hungry soul with goodness.
civ. 13. He watereth the hills from above: the earth is filled with the fruit of Thy works.
14. He bringeth forth grass for the cattle and green herb for the service of men.
cxxxvi. 1. O give thanks unto the LORD, for He is gracious and His mercy endureth for ever.
To Thee, O LORD, our hearts we raise
To Thee bring sacrifice of praise
Bright robes of gold the fields adorn,
ST. JOHN XX. 1. The first day of the week came Mary Magdalene, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.
2. She runneth to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom JESUS loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the LORD, and we know not where they have laid Him.
I CORINTHIANS XV. 20. [*Hallelujah!] CHRIST is risen from the dead, and become the first-fruits of them that slept.
21. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22. For as in Adam all die, even so in CHRIST shall all be made alive.
[57. Thanks be to GOD, Which giveth us the victory, through our LORD JESUS CHRIST. Thanks be to GOD.] 20. Alleluia! CHRIST is risen from the dead.
1923 STEANE,* 1 Cor. xv., 20—22, 57. Hallelujah! Amen.
ROMANS Xiii. 12. The night is far spent, the day is at hand.
II. Now it is high time to awake out of sleep.
12. Let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
PHILIPPIANS IV. 6. Let your requests be made known to God.
7. And the peace of GOD, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through JESU CHRIST.
O come, Redeemer, come and free
Hosanna in the highest. Amen.
1925 Genesis viii. While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
Leviticus xxvi. 4. I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase.
PSALM lxv. 9. Thou visitest the earth and blessest it: Thou makest it very plenteous.
10. The river of God is full of water : Thou preparest their corn, for so Thou providest for the earth.
14. The valleys stand so thick with corn, they even laugh and sing.
xxxii. 12. Be glad, O ye righteous, and rejoice in the LORD.
xxxiii. 4. For the word of the LORD is true, and all His works are faithful.
1926 St. Luke xxiv. 5. Why seek ye the living among the dead ?
6. He is not here, but is risen; remember how He spake unto you when He was yet in Galilee,
7. Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again. (6.) He is risen.
1 CORINTHIANS XV. 20. Alleluia ! CHRIST is risen from the dead.
Alleluia ! Alleluia! Alleluia !
Death's mightiest powers have done their worst,
ROMANS xiv. 9. CHRIST both died, and rose, and revived, that He might be LORD both of the dead and living.
2 CORINTHIANS v. 15. He died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto Him Which died for them, and rose again.
iv. 14. He which raised up the LORD JESUS shall raise up us also by JESUS, and shall present us with you. Now to GOD the Father, GOD the Son, and GOD the Holy Ghost, be ascribed all power and dominion, both now and for evermore. Amen.
E. W. NAYLOR.
BARUCH iv. 36. O Jerusalem, look about thee toward the east, and behold the joy that cometh unto thee from God.
37. Lo, thy sons come, whom thou sentest away, they come gathered together from the east to the west by the word of the Holy One, rejoicing in the glory of God. PHILIPPIANS iv. 5. The LORD is at hand.
E. W. NAYLOR.
PSALM XXVI. 6. I will wash my hands in innocency, O LORD, and so will I go to Thine Altar;
7. That I may shew the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Thy wondrous works. Amen.
PSALM xli. I. LORD, I call upon Thee, haste Thee unto me and consider my voice when I cry unto Thee.
2. Let my prayer be set forth in Thy sight as the incense: and let the lifting up of my hands be an evening sacrifice.
cxlv. 17. The LORD is righteous in all His ways: and holy in all His works.
18. The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon Him: yea, all such as call upon Him faithfully.
19. He will fulfil the desire of them that fear Him He also will hear their cry and will help them.