« PreviousContinue »
21. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22. For as in Adam all die, even so in CHRIST shall all be made alive.
[57. Thanks be to GOD, Which giveth us the victory, through our LORD JESUS CHRIST. Thanks be to GOD.] 20. Alleluia! CHRIST is risen from the dead.
1923 STEANE,* 1 Cor. xv., 20-22, 57. Hallelujah! Amen.
ROMANS xiii. 12. The night is far spent, the day is at hand.
II. Now it is high time to awake out of sleep.
12. Let us cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.
PHILIPPIANS IV. 6. Let your requests be made known to God.
7. And the peace of GOD, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through JESU CHRIST.
O come, Redeemer, come and free
Hosanna in the highest. Amen.
GENESIS viii. 22. While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
LEVITICUS xxvi. 4. I will give you rain in due season, and the land shall yield her increase.
PSALM 1XV. 9. Thou visitest the earth and blessest it: Thou makest it very plenteous.
10. The river of GOD is full of water: Thou preparest their corn, for so Thou providest for the earth.
14. The valleys stand so thick with corn, they even laugh and sing.
xxxii. 12. Be glad, O ye righteous, and rejoice in the LORD.
xxxiii. 4. For the word of the LORD is true, and all His works are faithful.
ST. LUKE XXIV. 5. Why seek ye the living among the dead ?
6. He is not here, but is risen; remember how He spake unto you when He was yet in Galilee,
7. Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again. (6.) He is risen.
I CORINTHIANS XV. 20. Alleluia! CHRIST is risen from the dead.
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia !
The strife is o'er, the battle done;
Death's mightiest powers have done their worst,
ROMANS xiv. 9. CHRIST both died, and rose, and revived, that He might be LORD both of the dead and living.
2 CORINTHIANS v. 15. He died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto Him Which died for them, and rose again.
iv. 14. He which raised up the LORD JESUS shall raise up us also by JESUS, and shall present us with you. Now to GOD the Father, GOD the Son, and GOD the Holy Ghost, be ascribed all power and dominion, both now and for evermore. Amen.
E. W. NAYLOR.
BARUCH iv. 36. O Jerusalem, look about thee toward the east, and behold the joy that cometh unto thee from God.
37. Lo, thy sons come, whom thou sentest away, they come gathered together from the east to the west by the word of the Holy One, rejoicing in the glory of God. PHILIPPIANS iv. 5. The LORD is at hand.
E. W. NAYLOR.
PSALM XXVI. 6. I will wash my hands in innocency, O LORD, and so will I go to Thine Altar;
7. That I may shew the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Thy wondrous works. Amen.
PSALM xli. I. LORD, I call upon Thee, haste Thee unto me and consider my voice when I cry unto Thee.
2. Let my prayer be set forth in Thy sight as the incense: and let the lifting up of my hands be an evening sacrifice.
cxlv. 17. The LORD is righteous in all His ways: and holy in all His works.
18. The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon Him: yea, all such as call upon Him faithfully.
19. He will fulfil the desire of them that fear Him He also will hear their cry and will help them.
SAVIOUR, abide with us!
Our sun is sinking now,
Our day is almost o'er ;
I ST. PETER iii. 8. Beye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:
9. Not rendering evil for evil, or railing for railing but contrariwise blessing; knowing that ye are thereunto called, that ye should inherit a blessing.
10. For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile :
II. Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.
12. For the eyes of the LORD are over the righteous, and His ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the LORD is against them that do evil. Amen.
PSALM iv. 9. I will lay me down in peace, and take my rest for it is Thou, LORD, only that makest me dwell in safety.
cxxi. 2. My help cometh even from the LORD: Who hath made heaven and earth.
3. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: and He that keepeth thee will not sleep.
7. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: yea, it is even He that shall keep thy soul.
A. C. EDWards.
PSALM xliii. 4. I will go unto the altar of GOD, even the God of my joy and gladness.
cxvi. 15. I will offer unto Thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and call upon the Name of the LORD.
COLOSSIANS iii. 1. If ye then be risen with CHRIST, seek those things which are above, where CHRIST sitteth on the right hand of God.
2. Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
I CORINTHIANS XV. 55. O death, where is thy sting? O grave, thy victory?
57. Thanks be to GOD, Which giveth us the victory through our LORD JESUS CHRIST.
PSALM lxviii. 3. Let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before GOD: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice.
cxlviii. 13. Let them praise the Name of the LORD: for His Name alone is excellent; His glory is above the earth and heaven.
DEUTERONOMY XXXiii. 12. The beloved of the LORD shall dwell in safety by Him; and the LORD shall cover him all the day long.
PSALM lv. 22. He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.
lxviii. 3. Then let the righteous be glad; let them rejoice before GOD: yea, let them exceedingly rejoice.
cxlviii. 13. Let them praise the Name of the LORD: for His Name alone is excellent; His glory is above the earth and heaven. Hallelujah!
R. F. LLOYD.
ISAIAH lii. 9. Break forth into joy; sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem, for the LORD hath comforted His people, and hath redeemed Jerusalem.
ST. LUKE ii. II. Unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, Which is CHRIST the LORD.