« PreviousContinue »
Cleanse me, LORD, that I may kneel
Gaze no more on earth's delights.
When the heavenly light appears,
ST. LUKE X. 25. Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
27. Thou shalt love the LORD thy GOD with all thy heart, with all thy soul, with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
28. This do, and thou shalt live.
ST. JOHN iii. 14. As Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15. That whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16. For* GOD so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17. For GOD sent not His Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through Him might be saved.
ST. MATTHEW xxiv. 13. He that shall endure unto the end shall be saved.
[ROMANS V. 8. But GOD commendeth His love toward us; in that, while we were yet sinners, CHRIST died for us.
1. Therefore, being justified by faith, we have peace with GOD, through our LORD JESUS CHRIST.] GOSTELOW. 1912 J. V. ROBERTS, ST. JOHN, iii. 16, 17; ROMANS, v. 8, 1.
ISAIAH xli. 18. I will open rivers in high places, and fountains in the midst of the valleys: I will make the wilderness pools of water, and the dry land streams of
JOEL ii. 21. Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice: for the LORD will do great things.
22. For the pastures of the wilderness do spring, and the fig tree beareth her fruit.
23. Be glad, ye children of Zion: rejoice in the Name of the LORD your God.
24. And the floors shall be full of wheat, and ye shall praise the Name of the LORD your God.
21, 23. Fear not, O land, be glad and rejoice; for the LORD will do great things. Then rejoice in the Name of the LORD. PETTMAN.
ST. LUKE ii. 8. There were shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flocks by night.
9. And lo, the angel of the LORD came upon them, and the glory of the LORD shone round about them and they were sore afraid.
Io. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to you and all people.
II. For unto you is born this day, in the city of David, a Saviour, Which is CHRIST the LORD.
[ST. LUKE i. 32. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest and the LORD GOD shall give unto Him the throne of His father David.
33. And He shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of His kingdom there shall be no end.]
Your King is born in Bethlehem,
Come, and adore Him, CHRIST the Lord.
Bright beams above the guiding star,
O'er this dark world of sin and woe,
1915 T. ADAMS, St. Luke i. 32, 33. Alleluia! Amen.
ISAIAH lii. 9. Break forth into joy. Hallelujah!
ST. LUKE ii. 10. Behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to you and all people.
II. For unto you is born this day, in the city of David, a SAVIOUR, Which is CHRIST the LORD.
ISAIAH lii. 9. Break forth into joy. Hallelujah !
ix. 6. For unto us a Child is born, in the city of David, Which is CHRIST the LORD.
PSALM CXlV. 3. Great is the LORD, and marvellous, and worthy to be praised: there is no end of His great
4. One generation shall praise Thy works unto another, and declare Thy power.
15. The eyes of all wait upon Thee, O LORD: and Thou givest them their meat in due season.
16. Thou openest Thine hand, and fillest all things living with plenteousness.
21. My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD.
3. Great is the LORD, and marvellous, and worthy to be praised there is no end of His greatness.
21. And let all flesh give thanks unto His holy Name for ever and ever. Amen.
JOY IN HARVEST.
Almighty Father, GOD of Love!
Proclaim the wonders of Thy hand.
Winter returns with snow and cold,
And Autumn stores the fruits and corn.
Over the earth's extensive space
May all who reap, who glean, and store,
Much Thou hast given, Thou wilt give more,
ISAIAH ix. 3. They joy before Thee, according to the joy in harvest, and as men rejoice when they divide the spoil.
God of harvest, GOD of power,
GOD of justice, mercy, grace,
Thou shedd'st Thy blessing on our race.
Crops of plenty to the scythe,
To the spade and sickle yield,
Golden produce crown the field.
Make the hills and valleys ring;
Should praise GOD for everything.
PSALM cl. 6. Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD.
PSALM lxii. 1. My soul truly waiteth still upon GoD: for of Him cometh my salvation
6. He truly is my strength and my salvation: He is my defence so that I shall not fall.
8. O put your trust in Him alway, ye people: pour out your hearts before Him, for GOD is our hope.
PSALM CXXXvi. 1. O give thanks unto the LORD, for He is gracious and His mercy endureth for ever.
8. He hath been always mindful of His covenant and promise, that He made to a thousand generations. cvii. 9. For He satisfieth the empty soul, and filled the hungry soul with goodness.
civ. 13. He watereth the hills from above: the earth is filled with the fruit of Thy works.
14. He bringeth forth grass for the cattle and green herb for the service of men.
cxxxvi. 1. O give thanks unto the LORD, for He is gracious: and His mercy endureth for ever.
To Thee, O LORD, our hearts we raise
To Thee bring sacrifice of praise
Bright robes of gold the fields adorn,
ST. JOHN XX. 1. The first day of the week came Mary Magdalene, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre.
2. She runneth to Simon Peter, and to the other disciple, whom JESUS loved, and saith unto them, They have taken away the LORD, and we know not where they have laid Him.
I CORINTHIANS XV. 20. [*Hallelujah!] CHRIST is risen from the dead, and become the first-fruits of them that slept.