« PreviousContinue »
A few more years shall roll,
And we shall be with those that rest
A few more storms shall beat
And we shall be where tempests cease,
A few more toils, a few more tears,
'Tis but a little while,
Who died that we might live, Who lives
Then, O my LORD, prepare
My soul for that glad day;
O wash me in Thy precious Blood,
And take my sins away. Amen. BLAIR.
PSALM XCVI. 7. Ascribe unto the LORD, O ye kindreds of the people; ascribe unto the LORD worship and power.
8. Ascribe unto the LORD the honour due unto His Name: bring presents, and come into His courts.
9. O worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness; let the whole earth stand in awe of Him.
ST. LUKE xii. 37. Blessed are they whom the LORD when He cometh shall find watching. They shall go into Life Eternal, they shall be His people.
REVELATION xxi. 3. And GOD Himself shall be with them, and shall be their God.
(From "Blessed are they who watch," No. 1.)
I THESSALONIANS iv. 13. Sorrow not for those that sleep, even as others which have no hope.
14. If we believe that JESUS died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in JESUS will GOD bring with Him.
ST. JOHN V. 25. Behold the hour cometh when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of GOD, and they that hear shall live.
I THESSALONIANS iv. 16. For the LORD Himself shall descend from Heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and the trump of God.
ISAIAH XXVI. 19. Awake and sing, ye that sleep in the dust. Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise; and the earth shall cast out the dead.
(From "Blessed are they who watch," Nos. 2, 3.)
I ST. JOHN ii. 17. The world passeth away, and the lust thereof; but he that doeth the will of the LORD abideth for ever.
REVELATION xxi. 6. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely.
7. He that overcometh shall inherit all things; I will be his GOD, and he shall be My son.
(From "Blessed are they who watch," Nos. 4, 5.)
REVELATION xii. 10. Now is come salvation and strength, and the kingdom of our GOD, and the power of His CHRIST.
ISAIAH XXV. 9. Lo! This is our GOD, we have waited for Him, He will save us.
(From "Blessed are they who watch," No. 6.)
Before the heavens were spread abroad,
With GOD He was, the Word was GOD,
And must divinely be adored.
PSALM lxxi. 14. I will go forth in the strength of the LORD GOD and will make mention of Thy righteousness only.
7. O let my mouth be filled with Thy praise: that I may sing of Thy glory and honour all the day long.
JOB XXXviii. 7. The morning stars sang together, and all the sons of GOD shouted for joy.
This is He Whom seers in old time
ST. JOHN i. 14. And we beheld His glory, as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
CHRIST, to Thee, with God the Father,
Hymn, and chant, and high thanksgiving,
Honour, glory, and dominion,
And eternal victory,
Evermore and evermore. Amen.
PSALM XCVI. 7. (Bible Version.) Give unto the LORD, O ye kindreds of the people, give unto the LORD glory and strength.
6. Honour and majesty are before Him: strength and beauty are in His sanctuary.
xlviii. 8. We wait for Thy loving-kindness, O LORD, in the midst of Thy temple.
xciii. 6. Holiness becometh Thine house for ever. xcvi. 7. Give unto the LORD, O ye kindreds of the people, give unto the LORD glory and strength.
Here vouchsafe to all Thy servants
Here vouchsafe to all Thy servants
There in rest with Thee to reign.
Glory to our GOD, and honour;
Highest He above all heights:
One in praise, and One in might,
In the changeless worlds of light. Amen.
PSALM lxxxix. 26. I will set his dominion in the sea : and his right hand in the floods.
27. And he shall call Me, Thou art my Father: my GOD, and my strong salvation.
28. And I will make him My first-born: higher than the kings of the earth.
cxxxii. 14. The LORD hath chosen Sion to be an habitation for Himself.
16. I will bless her victuals with increase: and will satisfy her poor with bread.
17. I will deck her priests with health and her saints shall rejoice and sing.
lxxxix. 50. Praised be the LORD for evermore. and Amen.
1. Ye holy angels bright,
Who wait at GOD's right hand,
Or else the theme
Too high doth seem
2. Ye blessed souls at rest,
3. Ye saints, who toil below,
Take what He gives
4. My soul, bear thou thy part,