« PreviousContinue »
2. Out of the mouth of very babes and sucklings hast Thou ordained strength, because of Thine enemies: that Thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
3. For I will consider Thy heavens, even the works of Thy fingers; the moon and the stars, which Thou hast ordained.
4. LORD, what is man, that Thou art mindful of him: and the Son of Man, that Thou visitest Him?
5. Thou madest Him lower than the angels, to crown Him with glory and worship.
6. Thou makest Him to have dominion of the works of Thy hands; and Thou hast put all things in subjection. under His feet.
7. All sheep and oxen; yea, and the beasts of the field; 8. The fowls of the air, and the fishes of the sea; and whatsoever walketh through the paths of the sea.
9. O LORD our Governour, how excellent is Thy Name in all the world.
Glory be to the Father, &c.
168 BOYCE, vv. 4–6, 9.
169 GADSBY, Prendergast., vv. I, 4, 5, 9.
170 P. HAYES, V. I.
171 KENT, vv. 1, 2, 4, 5, 9. Amen.
173 STEVENSON, vv. 1–5, 9.
ISAIAH XXV. 1. O LORD, Thou art my GOD; I will exalt Thee, I will praise Thy Name; for Thou hast done wonderful things; Thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
4. For Thou hast been a strength to the poor, a strength to the needy in distress, a refuge from the storm, a shadow from the heat.
7. And He will destroy in this mountain the face of the covering cast over all people, and the veil that is spread over all nations.
8. He will swallow up death in victory; and the LORD GOD will wipe away tears from all eyes; and the rebuke
of His people shall He take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.
1. O LORD, Thou art my GOD; I will exalt Thee, I will praise Thy Name.
9. And it shall be said in that day, Lo, This is our GOD; we have waited for Him, and He will save us: This is the LORD; we have waited for Him, we will be glad and rejoice in His salvation. Hallelujah.
PSALM ciii. 1. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me praise His holy Name.
2. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits.
3. Who forgiveth all thy sins, and healeth all thine infirmities;
4. Who saveth thy life from destruction; Who crowneth thee with mercy and loving-kindness.
[6. The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all them that are oppressed with wrong.]
8. The LORD is full of compassion and mercy, longsuffering, and of great goodness.
9. He will not alway be chiding, neither keepeth He His anger for ever.
10. He hath not dealt with us after our sins, nor rewarded us according to our wickednesses.
II. For look how high the heaven is in comparison of the earth; so great is His mercy toward them that fear Him.
12. Look how wide also the east is from the west; so far hath He set our sins from us.
13. Yea, like as a father pitieth his own children, even so is the LORD merciful unto them that fear Him.
14. For He knows whereof we are made, He remembereth that we are but dust.
[15. The days of man are but as grass: for he flourisheth as a flower of the field.
16. For as soon as the wind goeth over it, it is gone ; and the place thereof shall know it no more.
17. But the merciful goodness of the LORD endureth for ever and ever on them that fear Him.
18. Even upon such as keep His covenant, and think upon His commandments to do them.
19. The LORD hath prepared His seat in heaven: and His Kingdom ruleth over all.
20. O praise the LORD, ye angels of His, ye that excel in strength, ye that fulfil His commandment, and hearken unto the voice of His words.
21. O praise the LORD, all ye His hosts; ye servants of His, that do His pleasure.]
22. O speak good of the LORD, all ye works of His,* in all places of His dominion. Praise thou the LORD, O my soul. [cvi. 46. Blessed be the LORD GOD of Israel from this time forth for evermore.]
176 G. B. Arnold, vv. 1, 8, 9, 13, 19.
182 W. HAYES, vv. 1-4, 6, 20-22. Hallelujah. Amen.
185 KING, vv. 8-14.
* Ends here.
PSALM CXIX. 105. Thy word is a lantern unto my feet, and a light unto my paths.
106. I have sworn and am steadfastly purposed to keep Thy righteous judgments.
107. I am troubled above measure: quicken me, O LORD, according to Thy word.
108. Let the free-will offerings of my mouth please Thee, O LORD, and teach me Thy judgments.
109. The ungodly have laid a snare for me; but yet I swerved not from Thy commandments.
110. Thy testimonies have I claimed as mine heritage for ever: and why? they are the very joy of my heart. Hallelujah.
PSALM liv. I. Save me, O GOD, for Thy Name's sake; and avenge me in Thy strength.
2. Hear my prayer, O God, [and hearken unto the words of my mouth.]
3. For strangers are risen up against me, and tyrants, which have not GOD before their eyes, seek after my soul.
4. Behold, GOD is my helper; the LORD is with them that uphold my soul.
[5. He shall reward evil unto mine enemies; destroy Thou them in Thy truth.]
6. An offering of a free heart will I give Thee, and praise Thy Name, O LORD, because it is so comfortable.
7. For He hath delivered me out of all my trouble, and mine eye hath seen His desire upon mine enemies.
PSALM Xviii. 30. The way of GOD is an undefiled way; the word of the LORD also is tried in the fire; He is the defender of all them that put their trust in Him.
32. It is GOD that girdeth me with strength of war, and maketh my way perfect.
31. Who is GOD, but the LORD ?
34. He teacheth mine hands to fight, and mine arms. shall break even a bow of steel.
31. Who hath any strength, except our GOD?
39. Thou hast girded me with strength unto the battle; Thou shalt throw down mine enemies under me.
38. I will smite them, that they shall not be able to stand, but fall under my feet.
50. For this cause will I give thanks unto Thee, O LORD, and sing praises unto Thy Name. Hallelujah.
40. Thou hast made mine enemies also to turn their backs upon me, and I shall destroy them that hate me.
42. I will beat them as small as the dust before the wind, and cast them out as the clay in the streets.
41. They shall cry, but there shall be none to help them; yea, even unto the LORD shall they cry, but He shall not hear them.
47. The LORD liveth, and blessed be my strong helper; and praised be the GOD of my salvation.
51. Great prosperity giveth He unto His King.
49. It is He that hath delivered me from my cruel enemies, and setteth me up above mine adversaries; Thou shalt rid me from the wicked man.
51. Great prosperity giveth He unto His King: and sheweth loving-kindness unto David His Anointed, and, unto his seed for evermore. Hallelujah.
PSALM 1xxvii. 13. Thy way, O GOD, is holy: who is so great a God as our GOD?
14. Thou art the GOD that doeth wonders: [and hast declared Thy power among the people.]
15. Thou hast mightily delivered Thy people.
16. The waters saw Thee, O GOD, [the waters saw Thee, and were afraid :] the depths also were troubled.
17. The clouds poured out water, the air thundered: and Thine arrows went abroad.
13. Thy way, O GOD, is holy: who is so great a GOD as our God?
18. The voice of Thy thunder was heard round about: the lightnings shone upon the ground; the earth was moved, and shook withal.
14. Thou art the God that doeth wonders;
15. Thou hast mightily delivered Thy people.
13. Thy way, O GOD, is holy: who is so great a God as our GOD?
[19. Thy way is in the sea, and Thy paths in the great waters and Thy footsteps are not known.]
195 KELWAY, vv. 13, 14, 16-19.