« PreviousContinue »
1367 PSALM liv. 4. Behold, God is my helper : The LORD is with them that uphold my soul.
6. An offering of a free heart will I give Thee, and praise Thy Name, O LORD, for it is good.
1368 ISAIAH xlv. 8. Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness : let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring forth together.
St. Luke i. 28. Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the LORD is with thee. Blessed art thou among women.
31. Behold, thou shalt conceive and bring forth a Son, and shall call His Name Jesus.
32. He shall be great, and shall be called The Son of the Highest;
33. And of His Kingdom there shall be no end.
Psalm xlv. 2. Thou art fairer than the children of men, full of grace are thy lips, because God hath blessed thee for ever. Amen.
STAINER. 1369 RevelATION vii. 13. Hallelujah. What are these which are arrayed in white robes ? and whence came they ?
14. These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the Blood of the Lamb.
15. Therefore are they before the Throne of God, and serve Him day and night in His temple: [and He that sitteth on the Throne shall dwell among them.]
16. They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.
17. For the Lamb Which is in the midst of the Throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters, and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.
Stainer. 1370 DYKES, vv. 14-17. Amen.
1371 EPHESIANS iv. 30. Grieve not the Holy Spirit of GOD, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31. Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice.
32. And be ye kind one to another, tender-hearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
1372 St. Matthew xxi. 9. Hosanna in the highest.
ISAIAH Ixiii. 1. Who is this that cometh from Edom, with dyed garments from Bozrah? This that is glorious in His apparel, travelling in the greatness of His strength? I that speak in righteousness, mighty to save.
2. Wherefore art Thou red in Thine apparel, and Thy garments like him that treadeth in the winefat ?
3. I have trodden the winepress alone ; and of the people there was none with Me: I will tread them in Mine anger, and trample them in My fury.
4. For the day of vengeance is in Mine heart, and the year of My redeemed is come.
And when as Judge Thou drawest nigh,
1373 REVELATION i. 8. I am Alpha and Omega, the begin. ning and the ending, saith the LORD, Which is, and Which was, and Which is to come, the Almighty.
From The Communion Service. Holy, Holy, Holy, LORD God of Hosts, Heaven and earth are full of Thy Glory ; Glory be to Thee, O LORD most High. Amen.
1374 Ecclesiasticus li. 13. I desired wisdom openly in my prayer.
14. I prayed for her before the Temple, and will seek her out even unto the end.
15. Even from the flower till the grape was ripe hath my heart delighted in her.
iv. 14. They that serve her shall minister unto the Holy One.
ST. MATTHEW ii. 1. When JESUS was born in Bethlehem of Judæa, in the days of Herod the King, behold, there came wise men from the East unto Jerusalem,
2. Saying, Where is He, born King of the Jews ? for we have seen His star, and are come to worship Him.
9. And lo, the star, which they saw in the East, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young Child was.
10. And when they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy. Hallelujah.
Sing, choirs of angels,
1375 Isaiah vi. 1. I saw the LORD sitting upon a Throne, high and lifted up; and His train filled the Temple.
2. Above it stood the Seraphim : each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.
3. And one cried unto another, Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD of Hosts; the whole earth is full of His Glory.
4. And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.
O Trinity! O Unity!
(Sung at the same time as the above.) 3. Holy, Holy, Holy, is the Lord of Hosts; the whole earth is full of His Glory. Amen.
STAINER. 1376 St. John vi. 32, 33. Jesus said unto the people, The Bread of God is He which cometh down from Heaven, and giveth life unto the world.
34. Then said they unto Him, LORD, evermore give us this bread.
35. Jesus said unto them, I am the Bread of Life: he that cometh to Me shall never hunger, and he that believeth on Me shall never thirst. Amen.
Lead Thou me on:
Lead Thou me on.
Shouldst lead me on;
Lead Thou me on.
Will lead me on
The night is gone;
DUNSTAN, C. L. NAYLOR, STAINER.
1378 PSALM xxvii. 11. Leave us not, neither forsake us, O GOD of our salvation.
xvi. 12. In Thy presence is the fulness of joy.
Acts i. 11. Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into Heaven ? This same Jesus, Which is taken up from you into Heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen Him go into Heaven.
Psalm 1xviii. 18. Thou art gone up on high, Thou hast led captivity captive, and received gifts for men : yea, even for Thine enemies, that the LORD God might dwell among them. Hallelujah. Amen.
1379 ROMANS xiii. 1. Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers, for there is no power but of GOD: the powers that be, are ordained of GOD.
Psalm cxviii. 19. Open me the gates of righteousness, that I may go into them, and give thanks unto the Lord.
20. This is the gate of the LORD: the righteous shall enter into it.
1. O give thanks unto the LORD, for He is good, and His mercy endureth for ever.
2. Let Israel now say, His mercy endureth for ever.
3. Let the house of Aaron now say, His mercy endureth for ever.
4. Let them that fear the LORD now say, His mercy endureth for ever.
5. In my distress I called upon the LORD, He answered me, and set me in a large place. Hallelujah!