« PreviousContinue »
1332 PSALM cxxx. 1. Out of the deep have I called unto Thee, O LORD: LORD, hear my voice.
2. Olet Thine ears consider well the voice of my complaint.
3. If Thou, LORD, wilt be extreme to mark what is done amiss, O LORD, who may abide it?
4. For there is mercy with Thee, therefore shalt Thou be feared.
5. I look for the LORD; my soul doth wait for Him: in His word is my trust.
6. My soul fleeth unto the LORD before the morning watch, I say, before the morning watch.
7. O Israel trust in the LORD, for with the LORD there is mercy, and with Him is plenteous redemption. 8. And He shall redeem Israel from all his sins.
BUNNETT, NAYLOR. 1333 PRINCE ALBERT, vv. 1-4, 6, 4, 1. 1334 Alcock, ALDRICH, CALKIN, Hatton, MOZART,
J. C. PRING, T. A. WALMISLEY, vv. 1-4. (Amen.] 1335 COLBORNE, vv. 1, 2. 1886 CROFT, vv. I-8, 7: 1987 F. E. GLADSTONE, Vv. 1-5, 7. 1938 E. J. Hopkins, vv. 1-3, 7, 8. Amen. 1939 PURCELL, Vv. 1-7. 1340 VERRINDER, v. I.
1341 ZEPHANIAH İİ. 14. Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, o daughter of Jerusalem.
15. The LORD hath taken away thy judgments, He hath cast out thine enemy: the King of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee: thou shalt not see evil any
14. Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel ; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.
16. In that day it shall be said to Jerusalem, Fear thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slack.
17. The LORD thy God in the midst of thee is mighty; He will save, He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing.
14. Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.
NAYLOR. 1342 REVELATION vii. 12. Blessing, glory, wisdom, and thanks, power and might, be unto our God, for evermore.
PSALM cxlviii. 1. O praise the LORD of heaven : praise Him in the height.
12. O praise the Name of the LORD: His Name is excellent, and His praise above heaven and earth.
Psalm cvi. 46. Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting, and world without end : and let all the people say, Amen.
TOURS. 1343 PSALM Xcy.
I. O come, let us sing to the Lord: let us heartily rejoice in the strength of our salvation.
2. Let us come before His presence with thanksgiving, and shew ourselves glad in Him with psalms.
1. O come, let us sing to the LORD: let us heartily rejoice in the strength of our salvation.
3. For the LORD is a great God, and a great King above all gods.
And now, on this our festal day,
Thy bounteous hand confessing,
The first-fruits of Thy blessing;
With gifts of grace supernal,
Give us the Bread Eternal. PSALM cxiii. 2. Blessed be the Name of the LORD, from this time forth for evermore.
cvi. 1. O give thanks unto the LORD, for He is gracious, and His mercy endureth for ever.
1344 1 CORINTHIANS v. 7. CHRIST our Passover is sacrificed for us,
8. Therefore let us keep the feast ; not with the old leaven, nor with the leaven of malice and wickedness, but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
ROMANS vi. 9. CHRIST being raised from the dead dieth no more: death hath no more dominion over Him.
10. For in that He died, He died unto sin once: but in that He liveth, He liveth unto God.
II. Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin : but alive unto God through Jesus CHRIST our LORD.
1 CORINTHIANS XY. 20. Christ is risen from the dead, and become the first fruits of them that slept.
21. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22. For as in Adam all die, even so in CHRIST shall all be made alive. Glory be to the Father, &c.
1945 J. H. CLARKE, SYDENHAM, 1 Corinthians xv. 20-22.
(Amen.) 1946 ELVBY, Romans vi. 9. 1347 Goss, E. V. Hall, 1 Corinthians, v. 7. 8. [Hallelujah.
1348 Acts xvii. 31. God hath appointed a day, in the which He will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom He hath ordained; whereof He hath given assurance unto all men, in that He hath raised Him from the dead.
PSALM lxxxv. 10. Mercy and truth are met together : righteousness and peace are met together.
1 CORINTHIANS xv. 57. Thanks be to GOD, Which giveth us the victory through our LORD JESUS CHRIST. Amen.
1349 Psalm cl. 1. Praise God in His holiness, praise Him in the firmament of His power.
cxlviii. 12. Young men and maidens, old men and children, praise the Name of the LORD.
cxlix. 5. Let the saints be joyful with glory : let them rejoice in their beds.
cl. 6. Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD. 1. Praise God in His holiness. Amen.
1350 ISAIAH xlix. 13. Sing, O heavens, and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O mountains.
St. Luke ii. II. For unto us is born this day, in the city of David, a Saviour, Which is Christ the LORD.
Sr. MATTHEW xxi. 9. Hosanna to the Son of David. Blessed is He that cometh in the Name of the LORD. Hosanna in the highest. To God on high be glory, and peace on earth to men.
O come, all ye faithful,
Joyful and triumphant:
Come and behold Him
O come, let us adore Him,
1351 GENESIS viii. 22. While the earth remaineth, seed time and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
Psalm lxvi. 1. O be joyful in GOD, all ye lands: sir praises unto the honour of His Name, make His praise to be glorious.
Psalm lxv. 10. The river of God is full of water : Thou preparest their corn, for so Thou providest the earth.
II. Thou waterest her furrows, Thou sendest rain into the little valleys thereof: Thou makest it soft with the drops of rain, and blessest the increase of it.
Psalm lxviii. 32. Sing unto God, O ye kingdoms of the earth, O sing praises unto the LORD.
1352 Psalm cxvi. 1-7. I am well pleased that the LORD hath heard the voice of my supplication. That He hath inclined His ear to me: as long then as I live will I be calling on Him. The sorrows of death came about me: the pains of hell gat hold upon me. I found affliction and grief, then on the Name of the LORD did I call : 0 LORD, do Thou deliver my soul. How gracious is the LORD, and how just : yea, our God is merciful. He guards the simple folk: I was in misery, He gave me help. To thy rest, then, my soul, do I bid thee be turning : because the LORD hath rewarded thee.
1353 Psalm xxxiii. 1-4, 9, 12. Rejoice, O ye righteous, in the LORD: yea, for thankfulness becometh you. Praise ye the LORD. Sing to Him a new made song with sound of harp and psaltery. For the word of the LORD is faithful: yea, and all His works are righteous. He did speak, and it was performed : He did charge, and it was created. Blessed are they whom the LORD doth call His own.
1354 PSALM XX.
1. The LORD give ear to thee in the day of thy trouble; the Name of JEHOVAH be thy defence ;
2. From out of His dwelling His help afford thee, and from Sion send His strength for thee.
5. Behold, we will be joyful in Thy salvation, and triumph in the Name of the LORD our God.