« PreviousContinue »
Psalm xcvii. 12. Rejoice in the LORD, ye righteous.
8. Zion heard and rejoiced, and the daughters of Judah were glad.
1. The LORD is King, let the earth be glad thereof, yea, let the multitude of the isles be glad thereof.
PSALM xxxiv. The LORD redeemeth the soul of His servants, and none of them that trust in Him shall be desolate.
1208 PSALM lxv. 9. Thou visitest the earth, and blessest it: Thou makest it very plenteous.
10. The river of God is full of water : Thou preparest their corn, for so Thou providest for the earth.
11. Thou waterest her furrows, Thou sendest rain into the little valleys thereof: Thou makest it soft with the drops of rain, Thou blessest the increase thereof.
12. Thou crownest the year with Thy goodness, and Thy clouds drop fatness.
13. They shall drop upon the dwellings of the wilderness, and the little hills shall rejoice on every side.
14. The folds shall be full of sheep, the valleys shall stand so thick with corn, they shall laugh and sing.
DANIEL ix. 9. To the LORD our God belong mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against Him;
10. Neither have we obeyed the voice of the LORD our God, to walk in His laws which He set before us.
CALKIN, HARRIS, OUSELEY.
1210 WISDOM iii. 1. The souls of the righteous are in the hand of GOD.
2, 3. In the sight of the unwise they seem to die: their departure is taken for misery, their going from us to be utter destruction : but they are in peace.
v. 14. The hope of the ungodly is like the dust which is blown away with the wind, like a thin froth that is driven away with the storm; like the smoke which is dispersed with the tempest, and passeth away as the remembrance of a guest that tarrieth but a day.
15. But the righteous live for evermore; their reward is with the LORD, and the care of them is with the Most High.
16. With His right hand shall He cover them, and with His arm shall He protect them. They shall receive a glorious kingdom, and a beautiful crown from the LORD's hand.
Rea. 1211 ISAIAH ix. 2. The light hath shined upon us.
6. For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given, and of His Kingdom there shall be no end.
PSALM xcviii. 1. Sing unto the LORD a new song, for He hath done marvellous things. Alleluia.
1212 PSALM xliii. 4. I will go to the Altar of God, even unto the God of my joy and gladness : and upon the harp will I give thanks unto Thee, O God, my God.
REAY. 1213 PSALM xliv. 23. O LORD, why sleepest Thou? awake, and be not absent from us for ever.
24. Wherefore hidest Thou Thy face?
26. Arise, and help us, and deliver us for Thy mercy's sake.
1. We have heard with our ears, O LORD, our fathers have declared unto us, what Thou hast done in their time of old.
1214 PHILIPPIANS iv. 4. Rejoice in the LORD alway, and again I say, Rejoice. 5. The LORD is at hand.
PSALM lxxxv. 1. O LORD, Thou hast blessed Thy land, Thou hast turned away the captivity of Jacob.
1215 Isaiah Ix. 3. The Gentiles shall come to Thy light, and kings to the brightness of Thy glory.
Psalm xcviii. 4. And all the ends of the earth have seen the salvation of our God. Hallelujah.
1216 ROMANS V. 5. The love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by His Spirit that dwelleth in us.
PSALM ciii. 1. Praise the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me praise His holy Name.
1217 PHILIPPIANS iii. 20, 21. Our conversation is in Heaven ; from whence we look for the Saviour, the LORD Jesus Christ: Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto His glorious Body.
1218 Revelation i. 7. Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced lim; and all the kindreds of the earth shall wail because of Him. Even so, Amen.
Malachi iv. 1. For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; all that do wickedly shall be stubble; and the dav that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of Hosts.
2. But unto you that fear My Name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in His wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up.
3. And ye shall tread down the wicked, saith the LORD of Hosts.
1219 PSALM lxxii. 1. Give the king Thy judgments, O God, and Thy righteousness unto the king's son.
2. He shall judge Thy people with righteousness, and Thy poor with judgment.
3. The mountains shall bring peace to the people, and the little hills, by righteousness.
17. His Name shall endure for ever, and all men shall be blessed in Him.
18. Blessed be the LORD GOD, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things.
19. And blessed be His glorious Name for ever, and let the whole earth be filled with His glory.
18. Blessed be the LORD God, the God of Israel, Who only doeth wondrous things.
BROWN. 1220 PROVERBS viii. 1. Doth not wisdom cry, and understanding put forth her voice?
4. Unto you, O men, I call : and my voice is to the sons of man.
17. I love them that love ine, and those that seek me early shall find me.
32. Now, therefore hearken unto me, O ye children, for blessed are they that keep my ways.
33. Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.
34. Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. Amen.
HAKING. 1221 1 Timothy i. 17. Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
I. Comes, at times, a stillness as of even,
Steeping the soul in memories of love,
As when the twilight deepens in the grove.
As when the waves break lightly on the shore,
Singing aloud, because the night is o'er. 3. Comes, at times, a voice of days departed,
On the dying breath of evening borne,
Long is the way,” it whispers, “ and forlorn." 4. Comes, at last, a voice of thrilling gladness,
Borne on the breezes of the rising day,
COLLECT For St. Michael and all Angels. O everlasting GOD, Who hast ordained and constituted the services of angels and men in a wonderful order, mercifully grant that as Thy holy angels alway do Thee service in heaven, so by Thy appointment they may succour and defend us on earth, through Jesus Christ our LORD. Amen.
COLLECT For the Twenty-third Sunday after Trinity. O God, our refuge and strength, Who art the author of all godliness, be ready, we beseech Thee, to hear the devout prayers of Thy Church, and grant that those things which we ask faithfully we may obtain effectually, through JESUS CHRIST our LORD. Amen.