« PreviousContinue »
PSALM CXXII. 1. I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD.
lxxxiv. 1. How lovely are Thy courts, LORD, my King and my GOD!
2. My heart and my flesh cry out for Thee, the living GOD! xlii. 2. My soul thirsteth for GOD, yea, for the living GOD. When shall I come before His presence, before the presence of GOD?
3. My tears have been my meat day and night, while they said: "Where is now Thy GOD?"
*xliii. 3, 4. Send out Thy light and truth, O LORD, that they may lead me to Thy holy hill: even to Thine altar, O my GOD.*
xxvii. 4. One thing have I desired of the LORD, to dwell in the house of the LORD for ever, that I may see the fair beauty of the LORD.
* Sometimes sung as a separate Anthem.
PSALM CXviii. 1. O give thanks to the LORD, for He is gracious and merciful.
6. The LORD is on my side, therefore I will not fear what man may do unto me.
5. I called on the LORD in my trouble, and the LORD heard me at large.
8. It is better to trust in the LORD, than to put any confidence in man.
9. It is better to trust in the LORD, than to put any confidence in princes.
10-12. The wicked compassed me around, they kept me in on every side, they came about me like bees: but in the Name of the LORD will I overcome them.
14. The LORD is my strength and my song, and is become my salvation.
18. He hath chastened and corrected me: but He hath not given me over unto death.
28, 21. Thou art my GOD, I will thank Thee. I will exalt Thee, and praise Thy Name: for Thou hast heard me, and art become my salvation.
PSALM XXVII. 1. The LORD is my light; whom then shall I fear? the LORD is my strength; of whom then shall I be afraid?
16. O wait thou still upon the LORD, and He shall comfort thine heart.
5. For in the time of my trouble He shall hide me in His secret place, and set me up on a rock of stone.
7. Therefore will I offer in His dwelling an oblation; yea, I will sing, and speak praises to the LORD.
ISAIAH li. 3. The LORD will comfort Zion, even her waste places. He will make her desert like the garden of the LORD; joy and gladness shall be found there; thanksgiving, and the voice of melody.
REVELATION Xxi. 4. The LORD will wipe away tears from off every eye, and there shall be no more death, neither shall there be any pain.
ISAIAH XXV. 8. And the rebuke of His people shall He take away.
lii. 8. Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; together shall they sing, when the LORD shall bring again Zion.
9. Break forth into singing, for the LORD hath redeemed His people.
PSALM CXix. 9, 11. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way, that he should not sin against Thee?
10. With my whole heart have I sought Thee: O let me not go wrong out of Thy commandments.
9. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way even by ruling himself after Thy word.
HABAKKUK iii. 3. GOD came from Teman, and the Holy One from Mount Paran. His glory covered the heavens, and the earth was full of His praise.
6. He stood, and measured the earth; He beheld, and drove asunder the nations; and the everlasting mountains were scattered, the perpetual hills did bow: His ways are everlasting. Hallelujah. Amen.
JEREMIAH Xiii. 15. Hear ye, and give ear; be not proud for the LORD hath spoken.
16. Give glory to the LORD your GOD, before He cause darkness, and before your feet stumble upon the dark mountains, and, while ye look for light, He turn it into the shadow of death, and make it gross darkness.
ECCLESIASTES xii. 1. Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth, while the evil days come not, nor the years draw nigh, when thou shalt say, I have no pleasure in them;
2. While the sun, or the light, or the moon, or the stars, be not darkened, nor the clouds return after the rain :
3. In the day when the keepers of the house shall tremble, and the strong men shall bow themselves, and the grinders cease because they are few, and those that look out of the windows be darkened,
4. And the doors shall be shut in the streets, when the sound of the grinding is low, and he shall rise up at the voice of the bird, and all the daughters of music shall be brought low.
7. Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was, and the spirit shall return unto GOD Who gave it.
8. Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher, all is vanity. 1. Remember now thy Creator in the days of thy youth. [13. Fear GOD and keep His commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.]
1180 W. S. Bennett, vv. 1, 13.
ECCLESIASTICUS 1. 6. He was as the morning star in the midst of a cloud, and as the moon at the full:
7. As the sun shining upon the temple of the Most High, and as the rainbow giving light in the bright clouds. WISDOM iii. 6. As gold in the furnace hath He tried him, and received him as a burnt offering.
ECCLESIASTICUS 1. 22. Therefore bless ye the LORD of all, Which only doeth wondrous things, and dealeth with us according to His mercy.
29. Blessed be the LORD for ever. Amen.
PSALM lxxvii. 1. I will cry unto GOD with my voice, even unto GOD will I cry with my voice, and He shall hearken unto me.
3. When I am in heaviness, I will think upon GOD: when my heart is vexed, I will complain.
5. I have considered the days of old, and the years that are past.
6. I commune with my own heart; in the night I search out my spirit.
II, 12. I will remember the works of the LORD, and will call to mind Thy wonders of old time. I will think also of all Thy works. I will remember the works of the LORD, and my talking shall be of Thy doings.
PSALM lxviii. 19. Praised be the LORD: even the GOD Who helpeth us, and poureth His benefits upon us.
9. Thou, O GOD, sentest a gracious rain upon Thine inheritance, and refreshedst it when it was weary.
cxlv. 16. Thou openest Thine hand, and fillest all things living with plenteousness.
lxv. 12. Thou crownest the year with Thy goodness: Thy clouds drop fatness.
lxviii. 19. Praised be the LORD: even the GOD Who helpeth us, and poureth His benefits upon us. Hallelujah. STEGGALL.
Grant, we beseech Thee, Almighty GoD, that like as we do believe Thy only begotten Son our LORD JESUS CHRIST to have ascended into the heavens; so we may also in heart and mind thither ascend, and with Him continually dwell, Who liveth and reigneth with Thee and the Holy Ghost, one GOD, world without end. Amen.
ST. LUKE XXIV. 1. Now on the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came to the sepulchre. 2. And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.
3. And they entered in, and found not the Body of the LORD JESUS.
20. But now is CHRIST risen from the dead, and become the first-fruits of them that slept.
21. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22. For as in Adam all die, even so in CHRIST shall all be made alive. Amen.
PSALM CİV. 1. Praise the LORD, O my soul: O LORD my GOD, Thou art become exceeding glorious; Thou art clothed with majesty and honour.
13. He watereth the hills from above: the earth is filled with the fruit of Thy works.
14. He bringeth forth grass for the cattle, and green herb for the service of men;
15. That He may bring food out of the earth, and wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make him a cheerful countenance, and bread to strengthen man's heart.
1. Praise the LORD, O my soul.