« PreviousContinue »
PSALM XXXI. 21. O how plentiful is Thy goodness, which Thou hast laid up for them that fear Thee, and that Thou hast prepared for them that put their trust in Thee, even before the sons of men.
22. Thou shalt hide them privily by Thine own presence from the provoking of all men: Thou shalt keep them secretly in Thy tabernacle from the strife of tongues. 23. Thanks be to the LORD. Hallelujah. Amen. [16. But my hope hath been in Thee, O LORD, my GOD.]
1152 PATTISON, vv. 21, 16.
ZEPHANIAH iii. 14. Sing, O daughter of Zion; shout, O Israel; [be glad and rejoice with all the heart, O daughter of Jerusalem.
15. The King of Israel, even the LORD, is in the midst of thee.]
17. The LORD, thy GOD, in the midst of thee is mighty: He will save [thee], He will rejoice over thee with joy; He will rest in His love, He will joy over thee with singing.
PSALM xlvii. 1. O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto GOD with the voice of triumph.
2. For the LORD our GOD is terrible; He is a great King over all the earth.
7. Sing ye praises with understanding.
cvi. 48. Blessed be the LORD GOD of Israel from everlasting to everlasting, and let all the people say, Amen. Praise ye the LORD. Hallelujah. Amen.
1154 GADSBY, VV. 14, 15, 17.
PSALM CXIX. 57. Thou art my portion, O LORD: I have said that I will keep Thy words.
58. I intreated Thy favour with my whole heart be merciful unto me according to Thy word.
I CHRONICLES xvi. 23. Sing unto the LORD, all the earth; shew forth from day to day His salvation.
27. Glory and honour are in His presence; strength and gladness are in His house.
36. Blessed be the LORD GOD of Israel for ever and Amen. Praise the LORD. Hallelujah. Amen. Ouseley.
ISAIAH xlix. 7. Thus saith the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and His Holy One, to Him Whom man despiseth, to Him Whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and rise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and He shall choose Thee.
13. Sing, O heavens, and be joyful, O earth; and break forth into singing, O ye mountains: for the LORD hath comforted His people, and He will have mercy upon His afflicted.
22. Thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will lift up Mine hand to the Gentiles.
23. And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and queens thy nursing mothers: and thou shalt know that I am the LORD. Hallelujah. Amen.
PSALM X. 1. Why standest Thou so far off, O LORD, and hidest Thy face in the needful time of trouble?
13. Arise, O LORD GOD, and lift up Thine hand: forget not the poor.
xiv. II. Who shall give salvation unto Israel out of Sion? When the LORD turneth again the captivity of His people, then shall Jacob rejoice, and Israel shall be glad. Amen.
PSALM li. I. O GOD, have mercy upon me, and blot out my transgressions, according to Thy loving-kindness: yea, even for Thy mercy's sake, deny me not.
II. O cast me not away from Thy presence, O GOD, and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me.
17. O LORD, have mercy upon me, a broken heart and a contrite heart is offered before Thee.
12. O give me the comfort of Thy help again, and stablish me with Thy free Spirit.
lix. 16. For Thou hast been my refuge in the day of my trouble. Amen.
ST. JOHN xiv. 15, 16. If ye love Me keep My commandments, and I will pray the Father, and He shall give you another Comforter;
17. Even the Spirit of Truth, Whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth Him not, neither knoweth Him: but ye know Him, for He dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
27. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. STEWART.
PSALM Xi. 1. In the LORD put I my trust: how say ye then to my soul, that she should flee as a bird unto the hill?
2. For lo, the ungodly bend their bow, and make ready their arrows within the quiver, that they may privily shoot at them which are true of heart.
4. The LORD is in His holy temple: the LORD's seat is in heaven.
5. His eyes consider the poor, and His eyelids try the children of men.
7. Upon the ungodly He shall rain snares, fire, storm, and tempest: this shall be their portion to drink.
8. For the righteous LORD loveth righteousness: His countenance will behold the thing that is just.
I KINGS Viii. 28. O LORD my GOD, hear Thou the prayer Thy servant prayeth; have Thou respect unto his prayer. 30. [Hear Thou in heaven, Thy dwelling-place ] and when Thou hearest, LORD, forgive.
1163 COULDREY, MALAN, S. S. WESLEY, vv. 28, 30.
PSALM XXI. I. The king shall rejoice in Thy strength, O LORD; exceeding glad shall he be of Thy salvation.
3. Thou hast prevented him with the blessings of goodness, and set a crown of pure gold upon his head.
lxi. 7. O prepare Thy loving mercy and faithfulness that they may preserve him.
I KINGS i. 39. And they blew the trumpet: and all the people said, GOD save the King. Long live the King. Hallelujah. Amen.
PSALM 1XV. 1. Thou, O GOD, art praised in Sion: and unto Thee shall the vow be performed in Jerusalem. 2. Thou that hearest the prayer, unto Thee shall all flesh come.
3. My misdeeds prevail against me: Thou that hearest the prayer, be merciful unto our sins.
4. Blessed is the man whom Thou choosest, and receivest unto Thee: he shall dwell in Thy courts, and shall be satisfied with the pleasures of Thy house, even of Thy holy temple.
Ixviii. 19. Praised be the LORD daily, Who poureth His benefits upon us. Amen.
lxv. 5. Thou shalt shew us wonderful things in Thy righteousness, O GOD of our salvation. Amen.
[9. Thou visitest the earth, and blessest it: Thou makest it very plenteous.]
ST. MATTHEW v. 7. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy.
3. Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven.
8. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see GOD.
1169 MACFARREN, v. 8.
PSALM xlvi. I. GOD is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
2. Therefore will we not fear, though the earth be moved.
3. And though the waters rage and swell, though the mountains shake with the tempest.
4. The river of the flood shall make glad the city of GOD.
1. GOD is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.
4, 2. The river of the flood shall make glad the city of GOD; therefore will we not fear.
9. He maketh wars to cease in all the world; He knappeth the spear in sunder, He breaketh the bow, and burneth the chariot in the fire.
10. Be still then, and know that He is GOD; He will be exalted among the heathen, He will be exalted in all the world.
11. The LORD of Hosts is with us; the GOD of Jacob is our refuge.
O GOD, how wonderful art Thou in Thy judgments. PSALM CXlV. 9. Thy mercies are over all Thy works. CXV. 9. O Israel, trust Thou in the LORD: He is our help and shield.