« PreviousContinue »
I CORINTHIANS XV.
20. CHRIST is risen from the dead,
and become the first fruits of them that slept. Hallelujah. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
22. For as in Adam all die, even so in CHRIST shall all be made alive.
PSALM Cvii. 15. O that men would therefore praise the LORD for His goodness, and declare the wonders that He doeth for the children of men.
For He hath broken the gates of brass, and smitten the bars of iron in sunder. Amen.
PSALM CXXVii. 1. Except the LORD build the house, their labour is but lost that build it.
2. Except the LORD keep the city, the watchman waketh but in vain.
cxxi. 2. My help cometh even from the LORD, Who hath made heaven and earth.
7. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil: He shall preserve thy soul.
8. The LORD shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in, from this time forth, and even for evermore. Amen.
PSALM lxviii. 26. Give thanks, O Israel, unto God the LORD, in the congregation, from the ground of the heart.
24. It is well seen, O GOD, how Thou goest; how Thou, my GOD and King, goest in the Sanctuary.
25. The singers go before, the minstrels follow after; in the midst are the damsels playing with the timbrels. 34. Ascribe ye the power unto GOD over Israel. worship and strength is in the clouds. Amen.
MALACHI I. II. From the rising of the sun, unto the going down of the same, My Name shall be great among the Gentiles; and in every place incense shall be offered unto My Name, [and a pure offering;] for My Name shall be great among the heathen: thus saith the LORD [of Hosts].
GADSBY, KEETON, OUSELEY.
PSALM xlviii. 1. Great is the LORD, and highly to be praised, in the city of our GOD, even upon His holy hill. Amen.
8. We wait for Thy loving-kindness, O GOD, in the midst of Thy temple.
[9. O GOD, according to Thy Name, so is Thy praise unto the world's end. Thy right hand is full of righteous
10. Let the mount Sion rejoice, and let the daughter of Judah be glad, because of Thy judgments, O LORD.]
II. Walk about Sion, and go round about her, and tell the towers thereof.
12. Mark well her bulwarks, set up her houses, that ye may tell them that come after.
13. For this GOD is our GOD for ever and ever: He shall be our guide unto death. Amen.
1132 CROFT, vv. 8-13.
1133 MACFARREN, vv. 8, 9, 1. Amen.
PSALM CXlvi. 5. Happy is the man that hath the GOD of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the LORD his GOD;
6. Which made heaven and earth, the sea and all that therein is Which keepeth truth for ever.
7. Which executeth judgment for the oppressed: Which giveth food to the hungry.
lxviii. 19. Praised be the LORD. Amen.
PSALM lxxvi. 1. In Jewry is GOD known, His Name is great in Israel.
2. At Salem is His tabernacle, and His dwelling in Sion.
3. There brake He the arrows of the bow, the shield, the sword, and the battle.
II. Promise unto the LORD your GOD, and keep it, all ye that are round about Him; bring presents unto Him. that ought to be feared.
12. He shall refrain the spirit of princes, and is wonderful among the kings of the earth. O praise the LORD. Hallelujah. Amen.
1186 P. HAYES, WHITFELD, VV. I-3.
REVELATION xx. 4. I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of JESUS and for the word of GOD.
xiv. 13. I heard a voice from heaven, saying unto me, Write, *Blessed are the dead which die in the LORD; even so saith the Spirit, for they rest from their labours, and their works do follow them. Amen.
1138 ELVEY, xiv. 13 (*Blessed are the dead).
LAMENTATIONS i. 12. Is it nothing to you, all ye that pass by? Behold, and see if there be any sorrow like unto My sorrow, which is done unto Me, wherewith the LORD hath afflicted Me in the day of His fierce anger. OUSELEY.
2 CHRONICLES v. 13. It came even to pass, as the trumpeters and singers were as one, to make one sound to be heard in praising and thanking the LORD;
And when they lifted up their voice with the trumpets and cymbals, and with instruments of music, and praised the LORD, saying, For He is good, for His mercy endureth for ever; that then the house was filled with a cloud, even the house of the LORD;
14. So that the priests could not stand to minister by reason of the cloud; for the glory of the LORD had filled the house of the LORD. Hallelujah. Amen.
PSALM xl. I. I waited patiently for the LORD, and He inclined unto me, and heard my calling.
2. He brought me also out of the horrible pit, out of the mire and clay, and set my feet upon the rock, and ordered my goings.
3. And He hath put a new song in my mouth, even a thanksgiving unto our GOD.
4. Many shall see it, and fear, and shall put their trust in the LORD.
5. Blessed is the man that hath set his hope in the LORD, and turned not to the proud, and to such as go about with lies.
6. O LORD my GOD, great are the wondrous works which Thou hast done, like as be Thy thoughts which are to us-ward; and yet there is no man that ordereth them unto Thee.
[14. Withdraw not Thou Thy mercy from me, O LORD; let Thy loving-kindness and Thy truth alway preserve me.]
16. Make haste, O LORD, to help me.
[20. As for me, I am poor and needy; but the LORD careth for me.]
21. Thou art my helper and my Redeemer: make no long tarrying, O my GOD. Amen.
1143 ATTWOOD, vv. 14, 20, 21.
1145 TINNEY, vv. 1, 2, 20.
PSALM xliii. 1. Judge me, O GOD, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man.
2. For Thou art the GOD of my strength.
3. O send out Thy light and Thy truth, that they may lead me, and bring me unto Thy holy hill, and to Thy dwelling.
Let all the world in every corner sing
His praise may thither fly.
His praises there may grow.
Must bear the longest part.
LORD, be merciful to us sinners, and save us for Thy mercy's sake; Thou art the great GOD that hast made and rulest all things: O deliver us for Thy Name's sake. Thou art the great GOD to be feared above all: O save us that we may praise Thee. Amen.
PSALM 1xxxix. 1. My song shall be alway of the loving-kindness of the LORD: with my mouth will I ever be shewing Tny truth from one generation to another.
19. For the LORD is our defence: the Holy One of Israel is our King.