« PreviousContinue »
3. The voice of the LORD is upon the waters, the God of glory thundereth.
4, 5. The voice of the Lord resounds with power : His voice, it is full of majesty: it breaketh the cedars of Lebanon.
7. The voice of the LORD riveth asunder the flames of fire.
8. The voice of the LORD shaketh the wilderness of Kadesh.
9. The voice of the LORD makes the deer to start, and layeth the forest bare, and in His temple all declare His glory.
10. The LORD sat enthroned at the flood. The LORD reigns as King for ever.
II. The LORD will give strength to His people. The LORD will give His people the blessing of peace.
1019 PSALM vi. 2. Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am weak: O LORD, heal me, for my bones are vexed.
3. My soul also is sore troubled : but, LORD, how long wilt Thou punish me?
4. Turn Thee, O Lord, and deliver my soul : O LORD, save me, for Thy mercies' sake.
9. Save, LORD, and hear us, when we call upon Thee.
lxxxv. 7. O shew us Thy mercy, and grant us Thy salvation. Amen.
SALAMAN. 1020 WINTER, Yv. 2-4.
1021 PSALM lxxxiv. 1. How lovely are Thy habitations, gracious LORD of Hosts.
2. My soul yearneth, yea, it fainteth for Thy hallowed courts, O LORD, where heart and flesh exult in chanting praises of the living God.
3. Yea, the sparrow finds a dwelling, to her nest the swallow turns, where she rears her tender young. Also have I found Thine Altars, LORD of Hosts, my King and GOD!
4. Blessed are those who dwell with Thee, ever will they praise Thee.
5. How happy are they who are strong in Thee, for with their hearts Thy paths they keep. How happy are they who dwell with Thee, O LORD GOD of Hosts.
8. O hear my prayer. Give ear, mighty LORD, O LORD God of Jacob.
9. Behold our shield, O God, and regard the face of Thy Messiah.
10. For one day in Thy courts, O LORD, is better than a thousand.
11. I would rather humbly stand at the doorway of God's house, than live in tents where evil dwelleth.
12. For a sun and shield is God, He will grace and glory grant, and from the just will He no good withhold. 13. Holy LORD, how blest are those who trust in Thee.
1022 PSALM Xvi. 1. Preserve me, O GOD, for in Thee do I put my trust.
2. O my soul, thou hast said unto the LORD, Thou art my God, my gladness is centred in Thee ;
3. And in the pious of the earth, and in the excellent, in whom is all my delight.
7. I will bless the LORD, Who hath given me counsel. 8. I have set the Lord always before me. 1. Preserve me, O God, for in Thee do I put my trust. 8. Because He is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. 1. Preserve me, O God. Amen.
1023 Psalm lxxxiv. 9. Behold, O God, our defer.der, and look upon the face of Thine anointed.
Ixi. 6. O LORD, grant the king a long life (xxi. 6) and make him glad with the joy of Thy countenance.
cxxxii. 19. As for his enemies, clothe them with shame: but upon himself let his crown flourish. Amen.
1024 ST. MARK XV. 25. And it was the third hour, and they crucified Him.
29. And they that passed by railed on Him.
34. And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, My God, My God, look upon Me; why hast Thou forsaken Me?
St. MATTHEW xxvii. 43. He trusted in God, that He would deliver Him; let Him deliver Him, if He will have Him.
St. MARK xv. 31. He saved others, Himself He cannot save.
32. Let Christ, the King of Israel, descend from the Cross, that we may see and believe.
ST. LUKE xxiii. 46. Father, into Thy hands I commend My spirit.
44, 45. There was darkness over all the earth, and the veil of the temple was rent. St. MARK xv. 39. Truly This was the Son of God.
1025 REVELATION vii. 9. I beheld, and lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, (of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the Throne,] clothed with white robes, and palms were in their hands.
10. And they cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God, Which sitteth upon the Throne, and unto the Lamb. Hallelujah.
13. I heard a voice, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes ? and whence came they?
14. These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the Blood of the Lamb.
II. And all the angels stood round (about) the Throne, and [about] the elders, and the four beasts, and fell down before the Throne, and worshipped GOD,
12. Saying, (Amen :) Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, [and might,] be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
ELVEY. 1026 JORDAN, Vv. 9-12.
1027 PSALM lxxxvi. I. Bow down Thine ear, O LORD, for I am poor and in misery.
XXV. 17. Look upon my adversity and misery, and forgive me all my sin.
1xxxv. 4. Turn Thee again, O LORD, and let Thine anger cease from us. Amen.
I CORINTHIANS XV. 20. CHRIST is risen from the dead. Hallelujah.
ROMANS vi. 10. In that He died, He died unto sin once; but in that He liveth, He liveth unto God.
I CORINTHIANS XV. 20. CHRIST is risen from the dead. Hallelujah.
1029 ISAIAH xxvi. 1. In that day shall this song be sung in the land of Judah, We have a strong city ; salvation will God appoint for walls and bulwarks.
2. Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation, which keepeth the truth, may enter in.
3. Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on Thee : [because he trusteth in Thee.
4. Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD Jehovah is everlasting strength.
(13, 14. O LORD our GOD, other gods have had dominion over us; but they are dead, they shall not live ; they are deceased, they shall not rise. Of Thee alone, and of Thy Name, will we make mention evermore.]
xxxiii. 2. Be gracious unto us, O LORD, we have waited for Thee : be Thou our salvation in the time of trouble.
5. The LORD is exalted, He dwelleth on high, for He hath filled Zion with judgment and righteousness. Amen.
ELVEY. 1030 ARMES, CALKIN, CULLEY, vv. 3, 4. 1031 GAUNTLETT, vv. 3, 4, 13, 14, 3.
1032 PSALM lxvi. 1. O be joyful in God, all ye lands: sing praises unto the honour of His Name, make His praise to be glorious.
4. O come hither, and behold the works of God; how wonderful He is in His doing toward the children of men.
Ixviii. 5. He is a Father of the fatherless :
cxlvii. 3. He healeth those that are broken in heart, and defendeth the cause of the widows.
lxvii. 3. Let the people praise Thee, O GOD; yea, let all the people praise Thee.
cxlv. 15. The eyes of all wait on Thee, O LORD, and Thou givest them their meat in due season.
16. Thou openest Thine hand, and fillest all things living with plenteousness.
lxvi. 7. O praise our God, ye people, and make the voice of His praise to be heard.
cl. 6. Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD. Amen.
Psalm cxix. 17. O do well unto Thy servant, that I may live, and keep Thy word.
18. Open Thou mine eyes, that I may see the wondrous things of Thy law.
19. I am a stranger upon earth, 0 hide not Thy commandments from me.
1034 ISAIAH xii. 4. Praise the LORD, and call upon His Name, declare His doings among the people. Make mention that His Name is exalted.
Psalm lxiii. 5. Thus will I bless Thee while I live. I will lift up my hands in Thy Name.
REVELATION vii. 12. Blessing, and glory, and honour, and power, be unto our God, for ever and ever. Hallelujah. Amen.