« PreviousContinue »
999 Joshua i. 9. Be strong and of a good courage : be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed : for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
1000 GALATIANS vi. 9. Let us not be weary in well doing, for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.
1001 Joel ii. 12. Now, saith the LORD, turn ye even to Me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning; and
13. Rend your heart, and not your garments, and turn unto the LORD your God: for He is gracious and merciful, slow to anger, and of great kindness, and repenteth Him of the evil. (Amen.]
MACFARREN. 1002 ATKINSON, CALKIN, CLIPPINGDALE, COLBORNE, F. E. GLADSTONE, HARRIS, OUSELEY, Pye, SCHARTAU, V. 13.
Send down Thy Heavenly light,
To serve God day and night.
In grief and all distress;
No tongue can it express.
Grant to us, LORD, we pray,
1004 PSALM xxvii. 4. One thing have I desired of the LORD, after that will I seek; that I may dwell in the House of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in His temple.
1005 PHILIPPIANS ii. 8. Our LORD JESUS CHRIST humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the Cross.
9. Wherefore God hath highly exalted Him, and hath given Him a Name which is above every name.
FROM THE LITANY. *Remember not, LORD, our offences, nor the offences of our forefathers; neither take Thou vengeance of our sins: spare us, good LORD, spare Thy people, whom Thou hast redeemed with Thy most precious Blood, and be not angry with us for ever.
Spare us, good LORD.* From all blindness of heart, from all deadly sin, and, from all the deceits of the world, the flesh, and the devil, Good LORD, deliver us.
(From "King David," No. 10.) MACFARREN. 1007 PURCELL, TINNEY, * -*.
1008 Psalm xcviii. 1. O sing unto the LORD a new song, for He hath done marvellous things.
4. And all the ends of the world have seen the salvation of our God.
1009 RevelATION xi. 17. We give Thee thanks, O LORD God Almighty, Which art, and wast, and art to come; because Thou hast taken to Thee Thy great power, and hast reigned.
XV. 4. Who shall not fear Thee, O LORD, and glorify Thy Name, for Thou only art holy. Glory be to the Father, &c.
MACFARREN. 1010 J. L. HOPKINS, v. 17.
1011 Psalm cxix. 9. Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way? even by ruling himself after Thy word.
10. With my whole heart have I sought Thee ; 0 let me not wander from Thy commandments.
11. Thy word have I hid in my heart, that I might not sin against Thee.
12. Blessed art Thou, O LORD; O teach me Thy statutes.
13. With my lips have I declared all the judgments of Thy mouth.
14. I have rejoiced in the way of Thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.
15. I will meditate in Thy precepts, and have respect unto Thy ways.
16. I will delight myself in Thy statutes : I will not forget Thy word.
1012 WISDOM xviii. 14, 15. While all things were in quiet silence, and the night was in the midst of her course; the Almighty Word of the LORD came down from His royal Throne.
PSALM xciii. 1. The LORD is King, He hath put on glorious apparel, He hath girded Himself with strength. Amen, Amen.
ISAIAH xxvi. 20. Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were a little moment, until the indignation be overpast.
21. For, behold, the LORD cometh out of His place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.
1014 Psalm xxvii. 9. Hide not Thy face far from me: leave me not, neither forsake me, O GOD of my salvation.
14. Wait on the LORD, be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.
1015 PSALM XXv. 5. Lead me in Thy truth and teach me, for Thou art the God of my salvation.
6. Remember, O LORD, Thy tender mercies, for they have been ever of old.
7. Remember not the sins of my youth, but according to Thy mercy remember Thou me for Thy goodness' sake.
5. Lead me in Thy truth and teach me, for Thou art the God of my salvation. Amen.
1016 ISAIAH XXV. 1. O Lord, Thou art my God. O LORD, I will exalt Thee. I will praise Thy Name, for Thou hast done wonderful things. Thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
Sing to the LORD with cheerful voice;
Come ye before Him and rejoice. PSALM c. 1. O be joyful in the LORD, all ye lands; serve the LORD with gladness, and come before His presence with a song.
2. Be ye sure that the LORD He is God: it is He that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are His people, and the sheep of His pasture.
3. O go your way into His gates with thanksgiving, and into His courts with praise; be thankful unto Him, and speak good of His Name.
4. For the LORD is gracious, His mercy is everlasting, and His truth endureth from generation to generation.
(Sung at the same time as the above.)
And shall from age to age endure.
(Sung at the same time as the above.)
1018 Psalm xxix. 1. Give to the LORD, O ye sons of the Mighty, O give to the LORD glory and strength.
2. Give to the LORD what is due to His Name, and worship God in the beauty of holiness.