« PreviousContinue »
7. Send down Thine hand from above, deliver me, and take me out of the great waters, from the hand of strange children;
[8. Whose mouth talketh of vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of wickedness.]
12. That our sons may grow up as the young plants : that our daughters may be as the polished corners of the temple.
13. That our garners may be plenteous with all manner of store.
14. That our oxen be strong to labour, that there be no decay: no leading into captivity, and no complaining in our streets.
15. Happy are the people that are in such a case; yea, blessed are the people who have the LORD for their God.
HATTON. . 982 Purcell, vv. 1-8.
983 PSALM cxlv. 1. I will extol Thee, my God, O King; and I will bless Thy Name for ever and ever.
8. The LORD is gracious, and full of compassion, slow to anger, and of great mercy.
14. The LORD upholdeth all that fall, and raiseth up all those that be bowed down.
15. The eyes of all wait upon Thee, and Thou givest them their meat in due season.
16. Thou openest Thine hand, and satisfiest the desire of every living thing.
17. The LORD is righteous in all His ways, and holy in all His works.
18, 19. The LORD is nigh unto all them that call upon Him in truth; He also will hear their cry, and will save them.
20. The LORD preserveth all them that love Him, but all the wicked will He destroy.
21. My mouth shall speak the praise of the LORD: and let all flesh bless His holy Name for ever and ever.
HATTON. 984 W. Hayes, vv. 20, 21. Amen.
985 Psalm cxxxviii. 1. I will praise Thee with my whole heart : before the gods will I sing praise unto Thee.
2. I will worship toward Thy holy temple, and praise Thy Name, for Thy loving-kindness and for Thy truth : for Thou hast magnified Thy word above all Thy Name.
3. In the day when I cried Thou answeredst me, and strengthenedst me with strength in my soul.
986 Romans xiv. II. As I live, saith the LORD, every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall confess to GOD.
12. So that every one shall give an account of himself to GOD,
ii. 6. Who will render to every man according to his deeds;
11. For there is no respect of persons with God.
viii. 14. For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
xiv. 7. None of us liveth unto himself, and no man dieth to himself.
8. Whether we live, we live unto the LORD; and whether we die, we die unto the LORD; whether we live therefore, or die, we are the LORD's.
xi. 33. O the depth of the riches, both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! For of Him, and through Him, and to Him are all things; to Whom be glory for ever. Amen.
987 JOB. i. 21. The LORD gave and the LORD hath taken away, blessed be the Name of the LORD.
*Psalm cxlv. 17. The LORD is righteous in all His ways, and holy in all His works.
cxxviii. 1. Blessed are all they that fear the LORD, and walk in His ways.*
(From " Job," Nos. 8, 9.) CHIPP. Sometimes sung as a separate Anthem.
988 JOB v. 17. Behold, happy is the man whom the Lord correcteth; therefore despise not thou the chastening of the Almighty.
(From “ Job,” No. 18.) CHIPP.
PSALM cxxvi. 6. They that sow in tears shall reap in joy.
Bless the LORD of Israel, O my people, that He hath caused the earth to yield her increase. Bless His holy Name.
To the Lord of the harvest we offer our praise,
(From “ Naomi,” Nos. 10, 13.) CHIPP.
990 Psalm lxviii. 5. God is a Father of the fatherless, and defendeth the cause of the widows: even God in His holy habitation,
(From “ Naomi,” No. 15.) CHIPP.
PSALM lxviii. 19. Blessed be the LORD, Who daily loadeth us ith benefits.
Ixv. 11, 13. He crowneth the year with His goodness. The pastures are clothed with flocks; the valleys are covered over with corn; they shout for joy, they also sing.
1xviii. 19. Blessed be the LORD, even the God of our salvation.
(From “ Naomi," No. 17.) Chipp.
992 PSALM cxv.
12. The LORD hath been mindful of us, and He shall bless us.
13. He shall bless them that fear Him, both small
15. Ye are the blessed of the LORD, Who made Heaven and earth. [Amen.]
993 ECCLESIASTICUS ii. 7. Ye that fear the LORD, wait for His mercy; and go not aside, lest ye fall.
8. Ye that fear the LORD, believe Him; and your reward shall not fail.
9. Ye that fear the LORD, hope for good, and for everlasting joy and mercy.
PSALM lxxxiv. 10. A day in Thy courts is better than a thousand. I had rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God, than to dwell in the tents of wickedness.
11. For the LORD God is a sun and shield, the LORD will give grace and glory, no good thing will He withhold from them that walk uprightly.
12. O LORD of Hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in Thee.
995 ROMANS vi. 4. As Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also in the likeness of His Resurrection.
St. James i. 12. Blessed is the man that endureth temptation : for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love Him.
Genesis i. 29. God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
viii. 22. While the earth remaineth, seed time and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.
DEUTERONOMY vii. 9. Know therefore that the LORD thy GOD, He is God, the faithful God, Which keepeth covenant and mercy with them that love Him and keep His commandments to a thousand generations.
PSALM cxi. 4. He hath made His wonderful works to be remembered: the LORD is gracious and full of compassion.
7. The works of His hands are verity and judgment; all His commandments are sure.
8. They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.
1. Praise ye the LORD. I will praise the LORD with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.
998 Psalm xix. 5. He cometh forth as a bridegroom out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a giant to run his course.
6. He goeth forth from the uttermost part of heaven. Hallelujah. Amen.