« PreviousContinue »
938 2 Samuel iii. 31. And the king said to all the people that were with him, Rend your clothes, and gird you with sackcloth, and mourn. And the king himself followed the bier.
32. And they buried him. And the king lifted up his voice and wept at the grave; and all the people wepc.
38. And the king said unto his servants, Know ye not that there is a prince and a great man fallen this day in Israel ?
939 Hosea vi. 1. Come, and let us return unto the LORD; for He hath torn and He will heal us; He hath smitten, and He will bind us up.
1 SAMUEL ii. 6. The LORD killeth and maketh alive : He bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.
7. The LORD maketh poor and maketh rich; He bringeth low, and lifteth up.
8. The pillars of the earth are the LORD's, and He hath set the world upon them.
JOB v. 17. Behold, happy is the man whom God correcteth;
18. For He maketh sore and bindeth up, He woundeth and His hands make whole.
Hosea vi. 1. Come, and let us return unto the LORD: for He hath torn and He will heal us; He hath smitten, and He will bind us up.
940 Baruch iii. 2. Hear, O LORD, and have mercy, for Thou art merciful : and have pity upon us, because we have sinned before Thee.
5. Remember not the iniquity of our forefathers; but think upon Thy power and Thy Name now at this time.
6. For Thou art the LORD our God, and Thee, O LORD, will we praise.
941 Joel ii. 21. Fear not, O land, be glad and rejoice; for the LORD will do great things.
22. Be not afraid, ye beasts of the field : for the pastures of the wilderness do spring, for the tree beareth her fruit, the fig-tree and the vine do yield their strength.
23. Be glad, then, ye children of Zion, and rejoice in the LORD your God.* Be glad then, 0 land, and rejoice, (21) for the LORD will do great things.
24, 26. The floors shall be full of wheat, and ye shall eat in plenty, and be satisfied, and praise the Name of the LORD your God, that hath dealt so wondrously with you.
23, 21. Be glad then, ye children, and rejoice in the LORD your God, for the LORD will do great things.
Goss. 942 C. H. LLOYD, Vv. 21-23.*
943 COLOSSIANS ii. 9. In CHRIST dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
10. And ye are complete in Him, Which is the Head of all principality and power:
11. In Whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh, by the circumcision of CHRIST;
12. Buried with Him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with Him, through the faith of the operation of God, Who hath raised Him from the dead. Hallelujah.
Goss. 944 Psalm cvi. 1. O give thanks unto the LORD, for He is gracious, and His mercy endureth for ever.
2. Who can express the noble acts of the LORD, or shew forth all His praise ?
cxviii. 22. The same stone which the builders refused, is become the Head-stone in the corner.
23. This is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes.
29. O give thanks unto the LORD, for He is gracious, and His mercy endureth for ever. Hallelujah. Amen.
945 ISAIAH xlix. 18. Lift up Thine eyes round about, and behold; all these gather themselves together, and come to Thee. As I live, saith the LORD, thou shalt surely clothe thee with them all, as with an ornament, and bind them on thee, as a bride doth.
22. Thus saith the LORD GOD, Behold, I will lift up Mine hand to the Gentiles, and set up My standard to the people; and they shall bring thy sons in their arms, and thy daughters shall be carried upon their shoulders.
23. And kings shall be thy nursing fathers, and their queens thy nursing mothers; they shall bow down to thee with their face toward the earth, and thou shalt know that I am the LORD, for they shall not be ashamed that wait for Me.
946 Psalm cxl. 7. O LORD God, Thou strength of my health, Thou hast covered my head in the day of battle.
xxxi. 6. Into Thy hands I commend my spirit; for Thou hast redeemed me, O LORD, Thou God of truth. Amen.
947 Psalm cxlviii. 1. O praise the LORD of Heaven: praise Him in the height.
2. Praise Him, all ye angels of His ; praise Him, all His host.
3. Praise Him, sun and moon; praise Him, all ye stars and light.
4. Praise Him, all ye heavens, and ye waters that are above the heavens.
5. Let them praise the Name of the LORD, for He spake the word, and they were made; He commanded, and they were created.
6. He hath made them fast for ever and ever: He hath given them a law which shall not be broken.
7. Praise the LORD upon earth, ye dragons, and all deeps;
8. Fire and hail, snow and vapours, wind and storm, fulfilling His word;
9. Mountains and all hills, fruitful trees and all cedars; 10. Beasts and all cattle, worms and feathered fowls ;
11. Kings of the earth and all people, princes and all judges of the world ;
12. Young men and maidens, old men and children, praise the Name of the LORD; for His Name only is excellent, and His praise above heaven and earth.
(cxlv. 10. All Thy works praise Thee, O LORD: and Thy saints give thanks unto Thee. cl. 6. Let everything that hath breath praise the LORD.]
948 Elver, vv. 1-3 ; cxlv. 10. Hallelujah. Amen. 949 GREENE, vv. 1-4; cl. 6: cxlviii. 5; cl. 6. Amen.
950 PSALM civ. 31. The glory of the LORD shall endure for ever: the LORD shall rejoice in His works.
33. I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.
34. My meditation of Him shall be sweet; I will be glad in the LORD.
35. Bless thou the LORD, O my soul. Praise ye the LORD.
951 Psalm xxi. 1. The Queen shall rejoice in Thy strength, O LORD : exceeding glad shall she be of Thy salvation.
2. Thou hast given her her heart's desire, and has not denied her the request of her lips.
5. Her honour is great in Thy salvation; glory and great worship shalt Thou lay upon her.
xxii. 22. She will declare Thy Name unto her people : in the midst of the congregation will she praise Thee.
xxi. 13. Be Thou exalted, LORD, in Thine own strength: so will we sing and praise Thy power. Amen.
952 Psalm cxlvi. 1. Praise the LORD, O my soul ; while I live will I praise the LORD: yea, as long as I have any being, I will sing praises unto my God.
cxxii. 6. O pray for the peace of Jerusalem ; they shall prosper that love thee.
7. Peace be within thy walls, and plenteousness within thy palaces.
8. For my brethren and companions' sakes, I will wish thee prosperity.
9. Yea, because of the house of the LORD our GOD, I will seek to do thee good.
CXXV. 1. They that put their trust in the LORD shall be even as the Mount Sion, which may not be removed, but standeth fast for ever.
2. As the mountains are round about Jerusalem, so the LORD is round about His people, from henceforth, even for ever.
Goss. 953 NEHEMIAH ix. 5. Stand up, and bless the LORD your God for ever and ever: blessed be Thy glorious Name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise.
6. Thou, even Thou, art Lord alone : Thou hast made the heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the sea, and all that is therein, and Thou preservest them all; and the host of heaven worshippeth Thee.
* Isaiah Ixiii. 15. Look down from heaven, and behold from the habitation of Thy holiness, and of Thy glory.
16. For Thou, O LORD, art our Father, our Redeemer: Thy Name is from everlasting. *
NEHEMIAH ix. 5. Blessed be Thy glorious Name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise.
6. Thou, even Thou, art LORD alone; blessed be Thy holy Name. Thou hast made the heaven, the heaven of heavens, with all their host, the earth, and all things that are therein, the seas, and all that is therein, and Thou preservest them all.
Goss. * Sometimes sung as a separate Anthem.