« PreviousContinue »
5. But my trust is in Thy mercy, and my heart is joyful in Thy salvation.
6. I will sing of the LORD, because He hath dealt so lovingly with me; yea, I will praise the Name of the LORD most Highest. Amen. BATTISHILL, Boyce, J. CLARK, GIBBONS, GREENE, LÖHR.
65 M. CAMIDGE, V. 3.
68 COLOSSIANS Üï. 1. If ye be risen again with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of GOD.
2. Set your affections on heavenly things, and not on earthly things.
3. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in GOD.
4. Whensoever CHRIST, Which is our life, shall shew Himself, then shall ye also appear with Him in glory. So be it.
69 PSALM xxiv. 7. Lift up your heads, O ye gates, and be ye lift up, ye everlasting doors : and the King of Glory shall come in.
8, 10. Who is the King of Glory? It is the LORD, strong and mighty: even the Lord of Hosts, He is the King of Glory.
70 LORD, grant grace, we humbly beseech Thee, that we, with Thine Angels and Saints, may sing to Thee continually. Holy, Holy, Holy, LORD God of Hosts : glory, honour, and power be unto Thee, O GOD, the Creator, O LORD Jesus, the Redeemer, o Holy Spirit, the Comforter. And let every thing that hath breath praise and magnify the same LORD ALMIGHTY. Amen.
71 Psalm vi. 1. O LORD, in Thy wrath rebuke me not: neither chasten me in Thy displeasure.
2. Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am weak: O LORD, heal me, for my bones are vexed.
3. My soul also is sore troubled : but, LORD, how long wilt Thou punish me? 4. O save me for Thy mercy's sake.
But, bowing down Thy heavenly eye,
My sins wherein I Thee offend :
Sith Thee to please I do intend.
To deal with sinners in Thine ire,
Thou grant'st with speed their just desire.
To wash away my sinful crime:
But that it may help me in time.
To pour on me Thy gifts of grace,
In Heav'n with Thee I may have place:
With God, Which once Thee down did send,
73 O LORD, increase my faith, strengthen me and confirm me in Thy true faith; endue me with wisdom, charity, and patience, in all my adversity, sweet Saviour. Say Amen.
75 PSALM XXX. 4. Sing unto the LORD, O ye Saints of His, and give thanks at the remembrance of His holiness.
5. For His anger endures but for a moment: in His favour is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
6. And in my prosperity I said, I shall never be moved.
7. LORD, by Thy favour Thou hast made my mountain to stand strong: Thou didst hide Thy face, and I was troubled.
8. I cried unto Thee, O LORD; and unto the LORD I made supplication.
9. What profit is there in my blood, when I go down into the pit? Shall the dust praise Thee? shall it declare Thy truth?
10. Hear, O LORD, and have mercy upon me: LORD, be Thou my helper.
76 See, see, the Word is Incarnate, God is made man in the womb of a Virgin. Shepherds rejoice, wise men adore, and Angels sing: Glory be to God on high, peace on earth, good will towards men. The law is cancell'd, Jews and Gentiles all converted by the preaching of glad tidings of salvation. The blind have sight, and cripples have their motion, diseases cured, the dead are raised, and miracles are wrought.
Let us welcome such a Guest with Hosanna. The Paschal Lamb is offer'd, Christ Jesus made a sacrifice for sin. The earth quakes, the sun is darkened, the powers of hell are shaken, and lo, He is risen up in victory. Sing Hallelujah.
See, O see, the fresh wounds, the goring blood, the pricks of thorns, the print of nails, and in the sight of multitudes, O glorious Ascension. Where now He sits on God's right hand, where all the choir of heaven all jointly sings : Glory be to the Lamb that sitteth on the Throne. Let us continue the wonted note with Hosanna. Blessed be He that cometh in the Name of the LORD. With Hallelujah, we triumph in victory: the Serpent's head bruised, Christ's Kingdom exalted, and Heaven laid open to sinners. Amen.
77 St. John i. 19. This is the record of John, when the Jews sent Priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou ?
20. And he confessed, and denied not; and said plainly, I am not the CHRIST.
21. And they asked him, What art thou then ? Art thou Elias? And he said, I am not. Art thou that Prophet? And he answered, No.
22. Then said they unto him, What art thou? that we may give an answer unto them that sent us, What sayest thou of thyself?
23. And he said, I am the voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the LORD.
78 Proper Preface for Easter Day. We praise Thee, O Father, for the glorious Resurrection of Thy Son, Jesus Christ our LORD. For He is the very Paschal Lamb, Which was offered up for us, and hath taken away the sins of the world, Who by His death hath destroyed death, and by His rising to life again hath restored to us everlasting life.
• Therefore with angels and archangels, and with all the company of Heaven, we laud and magnify Thy glorious Name; evermore praising Thee, and saying, Holy, Holy, Holy, LORD God of Hosts, Heaven and earth are full of Thy glory: Glory be to Thee, O LORD most high. Amen.*
GIBBONS. 79 J. L. HOPKINS, NOVELLO,*-*
80 PSALM xliii. 5. Why art thou so heavy, O my soul? and why art thou so disquieted within me ?
6. Oput thy trust in God: for I will yet give Him thanks, Which is the help of my countenance, and my GOD. Amen.
81 ISAIAH xxv. 1. O LORD my God; I will exalt Thee, I will praise Thy Name ; for Thou hast done amazing things; Thy counsels of old are faithfulness and truth.
4. For Thou hast been a defence to the poor and needy in his distress, a refuge from the storm, å shadow from the heat, a shelter against the raging tempest.
8. He will swallow up death in victory: GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces, and He shall vindicate His Saints.
9. Lo, This is our God; we have waited for Him, and He will save us : we will rejoice and be glad in His salvation. Amen.
BULL. 82 NARES, V. 1, 4, 9.