« PreviousContinue »
689 Psalm xix. 1. The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament sheweth His handywork.
PSALM cxlv. 10. All Thy works praise Thee, O LORD, and Thy saints give thanks unto Thee.
11. They shew the glory of Thy Kingdom, and talk of Thy power:
12. That Thy power, Thy glory, and mightiness of Thy Kingdom, might be known unto men.
13. Thy Kingdom is an everlasting Kingdom, and Thy dominion endureth throughout all ages.
And to Thy shadowing wing for refuge flee. Psalm xxiii. 4. Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death, yet will I fear no ill, for Thou art with me.
cxxi. 3. He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: He that keepeth thee shall not sleep.
4. Behold, He that keepeth Israel, shall neither slumber nor sleep.
5. The LORD Himself is thy keeper ; the LORD Himself is thy defence upon thy right hand.
6. So that the sun shall not burn thee by day, neither the moon by night.
7. The LORD shall preserve thee from all evil; yea, it is even He that shall keep thy soul.
Save us, O GOD, we fix our hope in Thee,
692 PSALM xxvi. 1. Be Thou my judge, O LORD, for I have walked innocently: my trust hath been also in the LORD, therefore I shall not fall.
2. Examine me, O LORD, and prove me: try out my reins and my heart.
3. For Thy loving-kindness is ever before mine eyes, and I will walk in Thy truth.
6. I will wash my hands in innocency, O LORD, and so will I go to Thine Altar;
7. That I may shew the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all Thy wondrous works.
lxxxv. 7. Shew us Thy mercy, O LORD: and grant us Thy salvation. Amen.
J. CORFE. 693 Boyce, vv. 1-3, 6, 7. 694 J. H. CLARKE, V. I. 695 De LACY, vv. 1-3. 696 E. J. HOPKINS, vv. 6, 3, 7.
COLLECT For the Sixth Sunday after Trinity. O GOD, Who hast prepared for them that love Thee such good things as pass man's understanding ; pour into our hearts such love toward Thee, that we, loving Thee above all things, may obtain Thy promises, which exceed all that we can desire ; through Jesus Christ our LORD. Amen. ALLEN, A. S. BAKER, BATSON, J. CORPE, OAKELEY.
698 PSALM V. 1. Ponder my words, O LORD: consider my meditation.
2. O hearken Thou unto the voice of my calling, my King and my God, for unto Thee, O GOD, will I make my prayer.
3. My voice shalt Thou hear betimes, O LORD: early in the morning will I direct my prayer unto Thee, and
will look up.
7. I will also come into Thine house, even upon the multitude of Thy mercy, and I will worship toward Thy Holy Temple.
vi. 3. My soul also is sore troubled : but, LORD, how long wilt Thou punish me ?
4. Turn Thee, O LORD, and deliver my soul : 0. save me for Thy mercy's sake.
9. The LORD hath heard my petition, the LORD will receive my prayer. Amen.
J. CORFE. 699 CHERUBINI, Psalm vi. 4, 9.
PSALM cxviii. 24. This is the day which the LORD hath made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.
lxviii. 26. Give thanks, O Israel, unto God the LORD in the congregation : give thanks unto God from the ground of the heart.
xxvii. 1. The LORD is my light, and my salvation, whom then shall I fear? The LORD is the strength of my life, of whom then shall I be afraid ?
xxviii. 10. O save Thy people, and give Thy blessing unto Thine inheritance: feed them, and set them up for ever.
xxix. 10. The LORD shall give strength unto His people, the LORD shall give His people the blessing of peace.
Ixxii. 18, 19. Blessed be the LORD God, even the GOD of Israel, Which only doth wonders: and blessed be the Name of His Majesty for ever and ever. Amen.
PSALM cxliii. 1. Hear my prayer, O LORD, give ear to my supplications: in Thy faithfulness answer me, and in Thy righteousness.
Father and LORD of heaven, earth, and sea,
Receive our prayers, our praises, Most High!
Shine over all Thy glorious works.
The spacious firmament of heaven?
Mercy and holy peace are Thine;
To praise Thy Name in songs of joy.
703 Hallelujah to the Father, and the Son of God. Praise the LORD, ye everlasting choir, in holy songs of
joy. Worlds unborn shall sing His glory, the exalted Son of
of joy. Man, proclaim His grace and glory, Hallelujah. Praise the LORD in holy songs of joy.
704 Hear my crying, O turn not Thy mercy from me. LORD, have mercy on us! Blessed be the LORD GOD, even the LORD GOD of Israel. Have compassion on us !
TE DEUM LAUDAMUS.
We worship, we confess Thee LORD,
Exalt Thy mighty Name.
And Seraphim, proclaim.
“All Holy, Holy, Holy, Thou !
“Our Maker, Life, and Light!”
Doth Thy whole Church unite.
O CHRIST, the Father's only Son,
Thou, glorious King, dost reign :
Salvation to obtain.
For us Thou laid'st Thy power aside,
And Thee their Saviour own.
And crowds approach Thy Throne.