« PreviousContinue »
8. Thou shalt make me hear of joy and gladness, that the bones which Thou hast broken may rejoice.
9. Turn Thy face from my sins, and put out all my misdeeds.
10. Make me a clean heart, O GOD, and renew a right spirit within me.
11. Cast me not away from Thy presence, and take not Thy Holy Spirit from me.
12. O give me the comfort of Thy help again, and stablish me with Thy free Spirit.
13. Then shall I teach Thy ways unto the wicked, and sinners shall be converted unto Thee.
14. Deliver me from blood-guiltiness, O God, Thou that art the God of my health, and my tongue shall sing of Thy righteousness.
15. Thou shalt open my lips, O LORD, and my mouth shall shew Thy praise.
16. For Thou desirest no sacrifice, else would I give it Thee; but Thou delightest not in burnt-offerings.
17. The sacrifice of God is a troubled spirit: a broken and contrite heart, O GOD, shalt Thou not despise.
18. O be favourable and gracious unto Sion : build Thou the walls of Jerusalem.
19. Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifice of righteousness, with the burnt-offerings and oblations: then shall they offer young bullocks upon Thine altar.
BARNBY, PALESTRINA, STAINER.
v. 8. Amen.
Hodie Christus natus est. Noe! Noé!
Noé! Noé !
Noé! Noé !
English Version. This day CHRIST was born. Alleluia ! This day our Saviour hath appeared. Alleluja! This day on earth Angels sing, and Archangels share
our joys. Alleluia ! This day the righteous rejoice, proclaiming, "Glory to God in the highest." Alleluią !
PSALM ix. 1. I will give thanks to Thee, O LORD, and magnify Thy holy Name. How great and wonderful art Thou in all the world! Holy, Holy, LORD GOD of Hosts.
PSALM C. 1. O be joyful, all ye lands; serve the LORD with gladness: come before Him with a song. Let all the people worship Him; sing of Him, and praise His Name. For the LORD our God is great : He is just and merciful : 0 that men would praise Him.
35 Psalm vii. 1. O LORD my God, in Thee have I put my trust : save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me.
1. Stabat mater dolorosa
Dum pendebat Filius.
Nati pænas inclyti.
In tanto supplicio ?
Dolentem cum Filio ?
7. Pro peccatis suæ gentis
Et flagellis 'subditum.
Dum emisit spiritum.
37 PSALM CXxxvii. 1. Super flumina Babylonis, illic sedimus et flevimus, cum recordaremur tui, Sion.
2. In salicibus in medio ejus suspendimus organa nostra.
38 St. MATTHEW xvi. 18, 19. Tu es Petrus, et super hanc petram ædificabo Ecclesiam Meam, et portæ inferi non prævalebunt adversus eam: et tibi dabo claves regni cælorum. Quodcunque ligaveris super terram erit ligatum et in cælis, et quodcunque solveris super terram erit solutum et in coelis.
English Version. Thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build My Church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it; and I will give unto thee the keys of the Kingdom of Heaven; and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven; and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in Heaven.
39 Psalm ii. 1. Why do the heathen rage so furiously against the LORD ?
11. Serve ye, O serve the LORD in fear, and magnify His Name. Glorify Him for evermore.
40 Save, LORD, hear us; O hear us, when we call. For. sake us not for ever; revive us for Thy mercy's sake. We pray Thee, return unto us; O LORD, forsake us not.
+BÜHLER, VITTORIA. | For English Version see No. 590.
42 O quam gloriosum est regnum in quo cum Christo gaudent omnes sancti ! Amicti stolis albis Agnum sequuntur quocunque ierit.
43 When to the Temple Mary went, and brought the Holy
Child, Him did the aged Simeon see, as it had been revealed. He took up Jesus in his arms, and blessing God, he said: In peace I now depart, my Saviour having seen, The Hope of Israel, the Light of men. Help now Thy servants, gracious LORD, that we may
ever be As once the faithful Simeon was, rejoicing but in Thee; And when we must from earth departure take, May gently fall asleep, and with Thee wake.
44 1 CORINTHIANS XV. 20. Alleluia.
20. Alleluia. Christus surrexit a mortuis primitiæ dormientium.
21. Alleluia. Quoniam per hominem mors, et per hominem resurrectio mortuorum.
22. Alleluia. Et sicut in Adam omnes moriuntur, ita et in Christo omnes vivificabuntur.
Romans iv. 25; 1 Cor. v. 8. Mortuus est propter delicta nostra, et resurrexit propter justificationem nostram ; itaque epulemur in azymis sinceritatis et veritatis. Alleluia.
English Version. 1 CORINTHIANS XV. 20. Alleluia. Christ is risen from the dead, the first fruits of them that are asleep.
21. Alleluia. Since by man came death, also came by man the resurrection of the dead.
22. Alleluia. For as in Adam all die, so also in CHRIST shall all be made alive.
Romans iv. 25; 1 Cor. v. 8. CHRisT was delivered our offences, and He was raised again for our justification; let us then keep the feast with purity and with truth. Alleluia.