« PreviousContinue »
BALDWIN, CRADOCK, AND JOY,
By Mrs. Barbauld and Dr. Aikin. 1. Evenings At Home; or, The Juvenile Budget OPENED: consisting of a Variety of Miscellaneous Pieces, for the Instruction and Amusement of Young Persons. In 6 vols., half-bd., price 10s.6dh.
2. LESSONS for Children, from Two to Four Years of Age. In Four Parts, price 9d. each, or 3s. 6d. bound together.
3. HYMNS IN PRose, for Children. 16th Edition, enlarged and much improved, price 1s. 6d.
4. ARTS of Life:-1. Of Providing Food; 2. Of Providing Clothing; 3. Of Providing Shelter:
described in a series of Letters, for the Instruction of Young Persons. Half-bd., price 25. 6d.
5. Tue WOODLAND COMPANION : or, a brief Description of British Trees: with some Account of their Uses, Illustrated with twentyeight Plates, price 4s. half-bound.
6. NATURAL HISTORY OF The Year, being an Enlargemeut of the Calendar of Nature. By MR. ARTHUR AIKIN. 12mo, 3s. boards, a new Edition.
7. JUVENILE CORRESPONDENCE; or, Letters designed as Examples of the Epistolary Style, for Children of both Sexes. By Miss Alkin, 18mo, half-bound, 2s. 6d,
By Miss EDGEWORTH. 1. EARLY Lessons. In 2 vols. price 5s. neatly half bound. 2. CONTINUATION OF EARLY Lessons, 2 vols. half bound, price 6s. 3. The Parent's ASSISTANT. In 6 vols. half bound, price 12s. 4. MORAL TALES. In 3 vols. 12mo, boards, 10s. 6d. 5. POPULAR Tales. In 3 vols. 12mo, boards, 12s.
6. POETRY EXPLAINED. For the Use of Young People. 12mo, bound, 3s.
7. ESSAYS ON PRACTICAL EDUCATION, 2 vols. 8vo. A New Edition, 11. ls. boards.
By Miss PEACOCK. 1. A Visit For A Week; or, Hints on the Improvement of Time; containing Original Tales, Anecdotes from Natural and Moral History, &c., designed for the Instruction and Amusement of Youth. In 12mo, price, bound, 4s.
2. The Little EMIGRANT, interspersed with Anecdotes and Instructive Conversations. 12mo, price, bound, 35. 04.
3. AMBROSE AND ELEANOR ; or, The Adventures of Two Children deserted on an uninhabited Island. 12.no, Tbird Edition, price, bouud, 3s. 6d.
4. The ADVENTURES of six PRINCES OF BABYLON, in their Travels to the Temple of Virtue. 12mo, price, bound, 3s. tid.
5. Tre Knight of the Rose; au Allegorical Tale. Designed for the Amusement and Moral Instruction of Youth. 12mo, Second Edition, price, bound, 4s.
6. FRIENDLY LABOURS; or, Tales and Dramas for the Amusement and Instruction of Youth. In 2 vols. 12mo, price, bound, 10s. Just published.
By the Rer. J. JOYCE. 1. SCIENTIFIC DIALOGUES ; intended for the Instruction and Entertainment of Young People: in which the First Principles of Natural and Experimental Philosophy are fully explained. In 6 vols., 15s. half-bound; comprising Mechanics, Astronomy, Hydrostatics, Pneumatics, Optics and Magnetism, Electricity and Galvanism.
2. A COMPANION TO THE SCIENTIFEC DIALOGUES ; or, The Tutor's Assistant and Pupil's Manual in Natural and Experimental Philosophy; containing a complete Set of Questions and other Exercises, for the Examination of Pupils in the said Volumes of Scientific Dialogues, and forming a Serenth Volume of that Work. To which is added, A Compendium of the principal Facts under each Department of Science. Half-bound, 2s. 60,
3. DIALOGUES IN CHEMISTRY, intended for the Instruction and Entertainment of Young People; in which the First Principles of that Science are fully explained ; to which are added, Questions and other Exercises for the Examination of Pupils. In 2 vols., a New Edition, greatly improved.
4. LETTERS on Natural and Experimental Philosophy, Chemistry, Anatomy, Physiology, and other branches of Science pertaining, to the Material World. Illustrated with 19 Plates, -12mo, boarde, 10s. 6d.
5. DIALOGUÉS ON THE MICROSCOPE, intended for the Instruction and Entertainment of Young Persons desirous of juvestigating the Wonders of the minuter parts of the Creation : containing an Account of the Principles of Vision; and of the Construction and Management of the most improved and generally useful Microscopes. Illustrated with ten Plates, in % vols. 12mo, price 7s. halfbound,
6. CATECHISM OF NATURE, improved and enlarged. The tenth edition, price 1s. 6d. " Read Nature, Nature is a Friend to Truth.”
By Mr. GUY, Late Professor of Geography, fc., Royal Military College,
Great Marlour. 1. The Pocket CYCLOPÆDIA; Or, Miscellany of Useful Knowledge, from the latest and best Authorities; designed for senior Scholars in Schools, and for young Persons in general; containing much useful Information on various Subjects necessary to be known by all Persons, and yet not to be found in Books of general use in Schools. Seventh Edition, on fine paper, handsomely printed; with the addition of a copious List of Authorities, to which the Student is referred for more extended luformation; price 7s. 6d. boards, or Ss. neatly bound.
2. A New British Peimer, for Children of an early Age; intended to precede The New British SPELLING Book, and other si. milar Reading Books. The Fifth Edition, with many new cuts, and much improved : price 6d. sewed.
3. The New British Spelling Book, or an introduction to Spell.
3 6105 010 319 346
STANFORD UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES
STANFORD AUXILIARY LIBRARY STANFORD, CALIFORNIA 94305-6004
(415) 723-9201 All books may be recalled after 7 days